ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Tears of Joy

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/20/11 07:46 PM Views: 1356 Replies: 9
Monday, June 20, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I don't have an issue today, I have not blown out my homepage, I'm not stuck trying to get a YouTube video on. I can not stop the tears from falling. When I started this site back in December, I first thought I would not be able to do it, but I pressed on. Many nights no sleep trying to make this the most exciting experience for my classmate (whom most I have not seen in over 30 years) It was a long process entering over 600 names for one class and I am now entering their yearbook photos. This weekend we had six new members join, three people said they were going to send in donations. They are so pumped about it I'm getting requests for a guest pass, so they can see what all the hoopla is about.
My labor was not in vain and I am seeing the rewards. We still have a long way to go, but I am satisfied with the progress. Our reunion is not until 2014, but I knew I needed to get a jump start and I'm so glad I did.
So this thank you is a little different from all the ones before. Without you guys/gals I could not have done it. Your expertise, patience and availability is unprecedented! I know of no company with an IT Team better than you all! I love you all, and you are very much appreciated!

Monday, June 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM - Response #1

Wow, thank you very much. Appreciate you taking the time to post this. You're certainly an early planner aren't you? Good for you. Best of luck in getting your Classmates signed up. As always any questions along the way just let us know.

Monday, June 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM - Response #2

So happy for you Cynthia. I remember a thread you started when you were feeling down and out. You got lots of support and good advice.

When 2014 rolls around you'll be getting a standing ovation from the ones who count: your class members.

Monday, June 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM - Response #3

Bravo and I would like to echo those sentiments. My classmates love our site and I have gotten responses from some who we haven't seen in 50 years!

Good job guys and gals.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM - Response #4

Yes, Cynthia. It is all worth it. When they lay me down in my last resting place, I will feel that I have done something worthwhile in my life, and that is after 25 years of teaching! I altered lives and minds in the classroom, but in many ways, this is far more rewarding. I believe it is because I am working with people I have known for so long. It is more personal.

Hang in there, girl. There will be ups and downs, but the ups outweigh the downs.

Margaret:O)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 12:36 AM - Response #5

Congratulations, Cynthia!
What wonderful words of encouragement! Your hard work and sincere efforts will be rewarded beyond your imagination!
May you have a most excellent reunion!
What a wonderful start to your Reunion and the exciting "quest" you are on!
"Enjoy the journey"!
Have FUN!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 1:01 AM - Response #6

Yes, I remember that John Wink

Kris, Tom, Brad, and Margaret you guys inspire me!
I'm not going to stay up late tonight. lol

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 10:46 PM - Response #7

Hi Cynthia,
Congratulations ! I just visited your site and it shows the confidence that comes with preparation. I've joined the site since 2008 and I can't really say I won't blow a page or insert a WMV/PPS at first attempt. On weekends and just before a holiday, something always seems to happen. But everyone helps, so not to worry. I can't recall anyone more prepared for a 2014 reunion. Great start.
Thelma

Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 7:33 AM - Response #8

Thanks John, and by the way you were right about the yearbook photos, once I got the system going, it wasn't bad. I have only about 30 more to enter. I like their photos on the profile page. This also allowed photos (optional) to appear in the chat forum and memorial. So neat....I tell you, I just love it!!

Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 7:37 AM - Response #9

Thanks Thelma!

I had not been in touch with anyone from my class. I figured it would take that long to find 1/3 of them. My goal is to have at least 200 members on our site by then.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.