ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

What's included in the "What's New" section?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/02/15 11:33 AM Views: 803 Replies: 3
Monday, November 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I just added a number of photos to a page as the admin and it is not noted as new in the What's New section. Which changes/additions/deletions are noted in the What's New Section?

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 1:42 PM - Response #1

What page did you update? There are a couple areas that are not reflected on What's New, for example the old Message Boards and Forums. As the script in the system runs and generates new Notify Me notifications, it also posts to the What's New page at the same time.

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM - Response #2

There are stil some things which don't generate a WN entry, and which I think should. For example, a new join. Or a post in the Message Forum for those sites which use the Message Form as a community bulletin board. Or lately, a new announcement.

In some cases, they don't have to show details. A simple notification that something took place - with an appropriate link is sufficient. But to live up to the page's name, anything which generated a notify should have a corresponding entry in What's New.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 1:03 AM - Response #3

Add to those things 'missing' in What's New - A comment under a comment in a profile's Q/A section. Nothing in What's New about a new comment, and worse, no notify even though I'm subscribed to everyone.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.