ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Putting yearbook flip pages on the site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/29/09 07:31 AM Views: 1348 Replies: 1
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Several Questions:
1. I need to add an administrator for a time to put these yearbook pictures on the site. He is a compupter person more than I. How do I give him rights so he can put the pictures on>

2. He asks 'I have a pdf made of all the seniors in the yearbook. The smallest I can get the file down to is about 13megs! I could break it down into smaller files by making alphabetical sections A-F, etc. Thoughts?
Which was would be best?
3. I would like to have a flip year book. Should I set up a section on the left side that states yearbook or is it better to put it on the Homepage. My only thinking on that is that I am always changing my homepage and would have a great deal of source code to not interfer with.
Thanks for all your support and help.
Connie Hope

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 8:08 AM - Response #1

1. All admins (except the ROOT admin) have the same rights. To add a admin, Manage Classmates, Edit Classmate Details, check the box to make the classmate an admin.

3. You could make an announcement. Then all of the codes would be isolated and could be activated/deactivated with one check-box. Then if you wanted, you could later move those codes to a custom page or SURVEY page.

1a. An ADMIN RIGHTS module should be coming sometime in 2010. You will be able to give different admins different rights, for example, create/approve announcements, edit home page content, Approve forum posts, etc.

Edited 12/29/09 9:18 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.