ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Having trouble inserting images

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/21/11 08:55 PM Views: 1327 Replies: 6
Monday, November 21, 2011 at 8:55 PM

When I edit my homepage to insert a photo I click on the "image" button. A small window pops up and then grays out my entire page. Nothing in the window, no option to browse and upload. Also having trouble inserting other objects such as the horizontal line or emoticons. I have had no trouble uploading the yearbook pix in the profiles. Any hints here?????

Monday, November 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM - Response #1

Sounds like an IE9 problem. Try turning on the Compatibility View Mode.

Try selecting the "Tools" (ALT-T) menu on the upper portion of your browser window. If you don't see "Compatibility Mode" there, or don't see the Tools menu, then try hitting the F12 key on your keyboard. If you do see "Compatibility Mode" click on it to enable that feature, and it should fix the problem.

If you've hit the F12 key, then look for the text that says "Browser Mode:" (a menu in the new panel that comes up) and click on that. It should bring up a menu on which you can click "Internet Explorer 8" to fix the problem. Make sure that after you click on it, the part where it says "Browser Mode:" is followed by "Internet Explorer 8". The page will reload, and then you can close the Developer Tools portion and go back to using your site.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM - Response #2

I wish the site was a little more user-friendly when it comes to auto-resizing and placing images on it's own.

It is frustrating to work on an image, put it on a page, be able to view it fine; then later see it has been replaced by a tiny frame and the intended image is no longer viewable to anyone.

It might be good to have an error message explaining how to SOLVE the problem, so one does not assume everything was published fine. It would also be good to have a quick note here rather than to have to spend a lot of time playing 'seek and find' in FAQs and Forum Lists.

How can I prevent this frustration with images from happening in the future? or what can I do to solve it, now that I have the annoying little frame and my image is no longer viewable?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM - Response #3

Jayne,

Do you have an example of what you are talking about? Which image?

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM - Response #4

I hope one day the Class Creator site will allow for more flexibility and functionality with automatic resizing.

For example, when I create a graphic, I double and triple-check to make sure my measurements are accurate and precise. Yet the images do not upload correctly. One time it will say it must be the same width and height, so I change it to those dimensions, then it says it must be one width by a different height. So I always end up having to email my image in to Class Creator and have someone there resize and upload it for me.

I have tried a variety of programs, including Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I have tried those native formats as well as jpgs and png.s but nothing seems to work.

Will the site ever be more user-friendly as far as flexibility and functionality with image uploading features?

Thanks so much.

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM - Response #5
Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 5.22.20 PM.png

Kyle,

There is an example of the blue box on our Home Page.

I have included a file with a screenshot in it.

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM - Response #6

Jayne,

On Firefox, I don't see that blue box. It must be a feature in Safari to show the blue box when it cannot find the image.

When I looked at your SOURCE for your home page, the IMAGE you are referencing is "webkit-fake-url://EB29C252-AEF9-4ED9-AEDE-CE98891AE90A/application.pdf". If I paste this URL in my browser, it doesn't find it. It is a PDF file, which is not an image-type file, so it will not work.

I am not sure what you wanted, but what you currently have will not work as an image. If you want to display an image, you cannot cut/paste or drag/drop into the editor. You must first BROWSE your local hard drive and then UPLOAD the image to the file vault. The reason for this is because if the image isn't found on the Internet somewhere, then everyone won't be able to see it. The URL above might just be on your computer somewhere and if it is only on your computer then only you would be able to see the image.

I hope this helps you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.