ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

"attending reunion" tally not correct

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/24/09 03:45 PM Views: 1223 Replies: 3
Friday, April 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM

We turned off the default "will you be attending the reunion?" question (the one that's shaded blue/gray) in the Profile Generator, that by default allows you to select a "yes" or "no" bubble.

Instead, we created a new question asking the same thing, but with three check boxes, with "undecided" being an option. We couldn't remember if selecting either the "yes" or "no" bubble on the original default reunion question was required, and wanted to give those who weren't sure yet an option.

Three of us admins created profiles and selected the "yes" bubble before we made the new question with three check boxes. We've just had two classmates join, who have checked "yes" in our question, but the "attending reunion" tally on the Classmate Profile page still says three.

Is there a way to keep track of this number using the answers to the question we created (with the check boxes), or do we need to return to the original default question with the "yes" and "no" bubbles to resume this tally?

Thanks!

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 4:04 PM - Response #1

That tally works with one of two items. The default question in the system and/or the Reunion Planner. When someone selects yes for the default question or registers for a reunion using the reunion planner the icon showing they are attending the reunion appears next to their name on the classmate profiles page and they are added to the attending reunion tally.

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 5:30 PM - Response #2

I see. We've turned the default "will you be attending the reunion" question off. But I think the tally still says three are attending because us admins all answered yes to that default question. You'd think that would go away once the question is removed, but apparently not?

I don't think we'll turn the default reunion question back on. We'd rather have that tally number actually reflect the number of people who have PURCHASED tickets, not just SAID they were attending the reunion.

Since the new "will you be attending the reunion" question with the "undecided" option we created has no bearing on the tally, technically, we could keep it on the profile. But I'm thinking that might confuse people. I think we'll just remove the question from the profile altogether.

If other classmates are curious as to who is attending the reunion, clicking on "attending reunion" in the Classmate Profiles will give them a list of people who have purchased tickets and for sure will be attending, and they can then click on those profiles from there.

So, now that the default reunion question is turned off, is there are way to set that tally back to zero?

Thanks!

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 6:00 PM - Response #3

If you briefly turn that default question back on and then select the no option for the three who answered yes it will return the tally to zero until someone registers in the Reunion Planner.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.