ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Wide Gold Band Has Appeared on Right

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/24/09 01:54 PM Views: 1165 Replies: 5
Friday, April 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I added one of those "Refrigerator Magnet" thingys to our Home Page. Did that cause the wide gold band to appear? I've just now noticed it and didn't notice if it happened when I added it.

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM - Response #1

I see the magnet, however, I don't see a wide gold band unless you are referring to your site background color. Are you looking at the site on a different computer or a different screen resolution that you normally view it from?

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 9:20 PM - Response #2

Hi Jessica,
No, I'm using my laptop that I've been using on this trip for several days and it has just decided to "change" from my perspective.
I went ahead and took off the refrigerator to see if that mattered...it didn't.

Oh, well. My computers are possessed, so if I'm the only one who sees it that way, I guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks,
Kathy

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 11:42 PM - Response #3

I might not have asked that right. Did you ever see the gold background to the right of your design before? I see it. I'm wondering if you didn't see it before because your screen might have been set to a different resolution.

The design fills the screen at one resolution and would have gold to the right at a another resolution setting.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 12:54 AM - Response #4

No, I've never seen the wide gold band before. If the resolution has changed, it did it on its own because I have no idea how to change it.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #5

I'm not sure how it changed but it sounds like that is what happened. If your settings are 800 x 600 you will not see a wide gold band - if your settings are 1024 x 768 or higher you will. If you want to change it back for any reason you can do the following. When you close all browsers and programs the main screen you see is call the computer desktop - if you right click anywhere on the desktop you will see an option for Properties (in Windows pre-windows vista) or Personalize (Windows Vista only). Then choose display settings from the options that come up. If your settings were 800 x 600 before you can change it back to that and then apply it and see if that is what your screen looked like before.

It's up to you if you want to try that - I just wanted to let you know how if you wanted to try it.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.