ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

unwanted emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/09/12 09:24 AM Views: 1332 Replies: 5
Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I just got this email from a classmate:

"Is there any way to stop all these emails about the update of my fellow students. Everyday I receive at least 3-5- I have no time to open them."

These come from noreply@mumford63.com and include birthdays, profile updates and notifications of who is sending messages to whom. I was unaware that classmates are getting these messages. I am the root administrator and I don't get anything except new classmates joining (which of course I want!) I would actually love to know when a classmate has updated their profile (after the initial registration).

The person that sent me the message is Myrna Burke Partrich and I told her I would write to you and get back to her with an answer.By the way, her profile page is filled out just like mine.

Thanks,

Joani

Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM - Response #1

This feature is called PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS. She signed up for them when she first joined your website. She can discontinue them by visiting the PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS link.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM - Response #2

Or just use her "Delete" button on her keyboardRolling Eyes

Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM - Response #3

I just got my first piece of spam. I subscribe to ALL classmates as we're new, and want to know every time someone updates or signs on. I also do not require ID or PW to register, so classmates CAN register - - Today - this probably came from CONTACT us link as it provided their email directly to reply to them, and it also gave IP info and location info (in India). When I DID report as spam did it come to the CC staff. What should I do - - -the email received via CC said:
================================ You know how important it is to be visible. You know you need to use the internet better. But you also need to take care of your business. You can’t do both. Well, you take care of your business… we’ll take care of the internet for you. Our expert staff understands how to make search engines your friend. Email us and we’ll get started.

Sender's IP Address: 182.68.247.153 (hot link)

View the geographic location of this IP Address (hot link)

Click here to report this as spam ( hot link - which I reported as spam)

Edited 02/09/12 8:09 PM
Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM - Response #4

If it comes with an IP Address, it comes through your CONTACT US form. You did the right thing to report it as spam. we then can ban that IP from using the system.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM - Response #5

I think your reply was very rude and uncalled for. Obviously she can click "delete" but that wasn't the answer I was looking for.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.