ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Right side Modules, DONATE not Visible

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 03/01/14 12:19 AM Views: 1359 Replies: 20
Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 12:19 AM

On my right side modules, the Paypal Donate is not readable, nor does the Link in my word description work. It looks like all the other Modules basically changed the word 'colors' to white or something else that would show with the Black Background. I can't find that I could edit that word coloring, without making the module in the Class Creator version which has white background.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 10:22 AM - Response #1

On mine where I had let the text default to black without specifying it to be black, Class Connection changed it to white. Where I specified red it stayed red. Where I specified dark purple it stayed dark purple but was so dark you could not read it against the black background. I took out the dark purple specification and now it is all visible. If you are specifying your text to be black you might take out that specification and let it default and see what happens.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM - Response #2

Thanks Buddy, that is what I have just been finding now. I should have it fixed soon.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 12:20 PM - Response #3

Actually, that was GREAT Buddy. I quit messing around with colors, and just put as Default. That way, on the Class Creator site, I get black words on white background, while on Class Connection it now automatically put white words on black background.

Brad, this one is SOLVED. Actually, most all I see now as issues are some links work fine in Class Creator version, but do not work in Class Connection. I suspect that is some kind of PC setup issue for Pop Ups, but not sure.

First I am going to look at my Scanned Yearbooks though, I use Issue, and I don't think they were working correctly.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM - Response #4

Post any specific link issues and one by one we'll solve 'em. Thanks.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 11:03 AM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

On my Home Page, both classes (anadarkohs60.com and anadarkohs1961.com)in firefox, link does nothing:
1. Donate Tool, HERE link
2. Visitor Location, Click the Map for More Information
3. Announcement way to bottom, A Note About Security, Click HERE link.

In Internet Explorer, these perform differently. They will launch, but some show the requested information but all the way to BOTTOM of the link page. Others just bring up a big blank explorer page.

Edited 03/02/14 11:03 AM
Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM - Response #6

Brad, if you find out anything that can enable me to fix these, please let me know as their may be more and I have not looked deeper yet. If it is simply like delete and recreate link or something, let me know what works please.

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

On my Home Page, both classes (anadarkohs60.com and anadarkohs1961.com)in firefox, link does nothing:
1. Donate Tool, HERE link
2. Visitor Location, Click the Map for More Information
3. Announcement way to bottom, A Note About Security, Click HERE link.

In Internet Explorer, these perform differently. They will launch, but some show the requested information but all the way to BOTTOM of the link page. Others just bring up a big blank explorer page.

Monday, March 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM - Response #7

That's a mouthful of links. Smile

Fortunately most of these are either easy fixes on our end or simple tweaks you can make on yours. Hang tight let me go over each one of these links with a Programmer. I will get back to you here.

Monday, March 3, 2014 at 3:01 PM - Response #8

On another note, got this response from RevolverMaps as below. HTTPS is coming, sometime. Smile

Hello Derrell,

thank you for your mail. There's no concrete time schedule but HTTPS is planned for this year.

Regards,
Daniel

On Mi, 2014-02-26 at 13:04 -0800, dn-p@comcast.net wrote:
> Do you have any plans to support https with your Widgets. I am
> finding a problem when accessing with firefox that it will not read
> http. Internet Explorer does support http though.

Monday, March 3, 2014 at 3:28 PM - Response #9

On FF if you click the little shield on the very left on the URL address bar and then click the option "disable protection for this page" it allows http content to show.

That then allows the Flash to show which is step two. I've got Flash also enabled. This option is in the same location and says something about allowing Flash to run on apps.facebook.com. You can make it a permanent setting.

IE actually has the same options. Could depend on your security settings, but my IE has a prompt at the bottom asking me to allow blocked content. So that's why IE looks different. Just two different ways to approach the same security option.

Neither of these is a reasonable option for classmates thoughWink

The PayPal and Security links work for me?

Monday, March 3, 2014 at 3:32 PM - Response #10

Thanks Jack, I can do that on my PC here. You are right, few of my classmates would have a clue. Then again, most don't have Firefox anyway, just what came with their PC which would be IE.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM - Response #11

Please give the links another whirl.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 2:20 PM - Response #12

I like the shaded effect!!!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM - Response #13

I've looked at the responses so far and ours seems different. The modules do not show no matter the combination of those selected. What's more is that when modules are selected the checkmark shows up as expected but then nothing happens. Going back to modules nothing is selected at all, not even the not visible! It doesn't seem to matter whether class, school, or all is checked.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM - Response #14

Hi Mark,

I see the donate option on your classcreator site right hand module. Is everything all set for this now?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 9:44 PM - Response #15

Yes, it shows on the website but not on class connection (which this bug is listed under). Again this is only class connection and when any module is selected the checkmark shows up but when I look for it it's not there.

Going back to modules selection nothing is checked including none. This occurs for All available modules.

Bottom line - still broke.

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM - Response #16

Hmmm. Not sure. Let me look into this.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM - Response #17

Just visited the modules function again and found that they are now at least "sticky." In other words, once set they remain set to what you selected. Still no modules are showing.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 4:26 AM - Response #18

Modules on the app can be set independently from the web site. Go ahead and turn on any modules you'd like to show on the app. If you wish to mirror the site just turn on the same modules then drag them to the same order.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM - Response #19

Now working fine. I notice things are shifted around and there is now a background. Whatever your did looks great!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM - Response #20

Good to hear. I'll let him know. Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.