ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Nametags - Beta

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/21/11 10:39 AM Views: 1211 Replies: 4
Monday, February 21, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Questions/Concerns on Nametags - Beta:
1. The example given on GUEST ATTRIBUTES (SHOW/HIDE), "E.G. Guest of John Doe" implies that if left alose will cause the guest's name tag to cross reference to the classmate. This does not happen and infact if left to the default value, nothing prints.
2. When I put "(Guest)" in this field, "(Guest)" did print under the guest's name (which was shifted into the yearbook picture area). This was ok but, "(Guest)" also printed on the page of blank nametags that printed at the end. This did not seem ok.
3. The program does not wrap text consistently within the same run. Sometimes my school is shown as:
Grand Prairie High
School

Other times as:
Grand Prairie
High School

The Reunion name is sometimes shown as
40-Year
Reunion

Other times as
40 Year Reunion
I think the user should be given control over where a field wraps and then let the program adjust the font size (if on auto) to make it fit.
4. Wouldnt it be better to specify the font size in numeric values rather than MEDIUM, LARGE, EXTRA LARGE. And how can you have a "Medium" without a "Small" preceding it.
I have the same agruement at Burger King.
5. It seems that their should be a way to generate sample nametags (1 Classmate, 1 Guest, and 1 Blank) graphically on the screen) based on the options chosen rather than having to generate all nametags to see the result of the choices.
6. Would love to see some more fonts. for example, If the OLD ENGLISH were available - I would probably use it and just the letters of the school name: GPHS rather than the whole name.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM - Response #1

Thanks Charlie. I'm going to combine this feedback with that of other admins for the next round of revisions.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM - Response #2

Any chance that these revisions will be released in the next 3 weeks or so? We have a "mini-reunion" on April 16 and I was hoping to supply nametags.
Mike

Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 9:26 PM - Response #3

Kyle,
I understand that the Beta version is already there. I've been playing with it in preparation for our April 16th mini-reunion, That's how I discovered a few of the bugs which have already been reported. I just wondered whether any of them will be fixed in the short term, or if it will be a giant release of a new version with all fixed at once, further down the road. Of particular interest to me is the linking of a classmate and his/her guest on the nametags, i.e., Jane Doe, guest of John Doe.
Thanks,
Mike

Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 9:39 PM - Response #4

Mike,

Everyone already has NAMETAGS on their website - even though they are still Beta.

Just go to Reunion Planner, and then choose the NameTags [BETA] link.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.