ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Upload pdf to file vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/15/13 09:16 AM Views: 1557 Replies: 11
Monday, July 15, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I've searched the help forum for an answer for how to upload a pdf to the file vault. You always do it for people so there are no instructions on how to do it yourself (that I can find). Please refresh my memory.
Thanks
Tom

Monday, July 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM - Response #1

Edit any page. Click on the globe with a link at the top then click on file vault. Search your computer for the file and upload.

Monday, July 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM - Response #2

Could we have a "link" under ADMIN FUNCTIONS that would take us directly to our file vault?
I personally would upload more pictures, etc thus filling up my quota of disk space.
Every admin would also fill up their space.

Upside for Class Creator: admins would have to buy more disk space which would mean MORE MONEY for you!

Mr. Wonderful

Monday, July 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM - Response #3

Now that is a suggestion, Mr. Wonderful! A link to the file vault under Admin Functions. I vote for that!Very Happy

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM - Response #4

You can make a link to the file vault by just doing this:

When in the File Vault, make a bookmark in your browserIdea

Now if you want to go directly to the File Vault, just go to your bookmark. Mine is on the top.

You can do the same thing for the Image Vault.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM - Response #5

Can anyone tell me why I would just now (about 7 PM on 7/17/13) be receiving this (forum post) for the first time? It was first posted Monday with three responses and then Jack's response yesterday morning. It seems that sometimes I receive forum comments right away and other times it's days before they come through . . . ?????

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM - Response #6

The link is there but the actual picture of the PDF doesn't appear. Is there another step?
It seems I've had to make it a .jpg to make it appear.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM - Response #7

If you want the image to display on your page, it cannot be a PDF and must be an image format of jpg, gif, or png. You can link to PDF files once your PDF has been uploaded to your file vault.

The steps that I send out for adding links to PDF files is as follows:

Uploading a non image document to the File Vault...

To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page next to Homepage.

1. What I typically do first is decide on where my link will be and what my link phrase will say. Type the link phrase into the editor window and use your cursor to highlight the phrase.

2. On the Editor Window, look for the icon in the second row of buttons that is about 2/3 to the right that looks like a globe with a chain link, this is the Insert / Edit Link button. Click this button and a small window will appear. Click the Browse button and locate your file on your machine. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then you will need to click the Upload button to the right. The window should close, leaving your link phrase blue and underlined. This means that it is linked, however to test the link you must save the page and go to the actual page of the site to click the link.

If you are creating the link on a page of your site, you should be done at this point. However, if you are creating the link in an email, there is one more step.

3. For links in email, you need to modify the link slightly. Highlight the link phrase and click the Insert Link button again. When the Link window opens, locate the form field for URL. It will have a link path that looks similar to this: /000/0/2/8/8820/userfiles/file/NameOfYourDocFile.doc (note the doc type will depend on what you are linking to.). At the beginning of this URL link path, you need to add your domain name. The final URL needs to look like this: http://www.yourDomainName.com/000/0/2/8/...ameOfYourDocFile.doc

4. To test the link, send yourself a test message from the system and click the link. You should be prompted to download / or save / or open your document depending on your browser.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM - Response #8

I'm finding that step 3 isn't necessary for e-mails any longer. I just put in the link from the file vault and when I receive the message the domain name has been added.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM - Response #9

FC - I think you are right. But it USED TO BE necessary.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM - Response #10

Kyle - Yup, that's why I said any longer.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM - Response #11

Interesting. Suggest the following explanation to make this slightly clearer:

One needs to COPY the link shown and paste into an email. Ctrl+C code got modified to add the domain.

Interestingly, if one pastes into the editor, the domain added does not show. It's keyed to a special "copy" area and keyword.

Here's a discussion of fixes (upgrade?) to CKEDITOR - uses this attribute
"data-cke-saved-href". Actually causes problems in a standalone editorWink

See this LINK

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.