ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suggestions please

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/22/11 02:46 PM Views: 1377 Replies: 6
Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Wow, it seems like I've been gone forever. It's been a few months as our family went through a devastating family member loss. I just didn't have the energy to get on the competer. I'm at a loss as to how to add some things to my website to regain the attention of our members. I've been checking out the admin's sites. They are very creative and fabulous. Most are ongoing as their reunions are upcoming. Our school closed last June and with over 3000 alumni I'm stuck. Brad, what the the longest a video can be? Our reunion video is almost complete, and I need to know how much to edit.

Thanks everyoneLaughing

Edited 01/22/11 2:46 PM
Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:42 PM - Response #1

Very sorry to hear that Dianne... Certainly glad to see you back!

Are you planning to post the video on YouTube and then embed it on your site or add it directly to your site? If YouTube keep the video to 10 minutes or under. If you post the video directly on your site (we can give you a hand with that if needed) it can be any duration you desire, just note that videos hosted directly on your site do take up File Vault space. For this reason many people prefer the YouTube route. If you go with YouTube, there is a setting there to keep the video private, i.e. it keeps it from displaying on YouTube itself. Then you can opt to only show it here on your class site.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:51 PM - Response #2

Hi Dianne,

I lost my Mom just a couple weeks ago myself. Yes, I understand the pain.

I have a video that is just about half hour long. YouTube has limitations, but if you wanted to look at the link I am sending, they can host much longer videos as is. Otherwise, they would take up huge amounts of vault space.
http://www.vimeo.com/

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 11:29 PM - Response #3

Sorry for both of your losses.
Diane, Glad you decided to get back in the saddle again. I feel working on my CC website is great therapy

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 8:19 PM - Response #4

Hi Brad -

I read through UTubes stuff, but did not find where you can make your video private. Do you know exactly where that setting is and how to get that done?

Glenn Ellen

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 8:34 PM - Response #5

Glenn Ellen -- click on the "Embed" button and you'll see this information: CLICK TO VIEW

Unclick on "Include related videos"
Click on "Enable privacy-enhanced mode"

In the area below, you can select the size of the embed player.

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM - Response #6

Thank John,
This sent me to YouTube and a couple of clicks later I came up with this information -

Also, please note that if you don't want one of your videos to be embedded on other websites, you can disable that feature by following the steps below:

1. Within your account, click the My Uploaded Videos link (http://youtube.com/my_videos).
2. Click the Edit Video Info button to the right of the video in question.
3. Under Sharing Options, click the button next to No, external sites may NOT embed and play this video.

Thank you for steering me to this little blurb.

Glenn Ellen

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.