ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Church Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/28/09 10:42 PM Views: 2534 Replies: 7
Monday, December 28, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I am using Class Creator to start our church website. Is there anyone else who is using class creator for this. If so, any suggestions/ideas?

Monday, December 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM - Response #1

Church sites are one of the spinoffs we never anticipated early on. Now there's numerous church sites here, such as this one http://www.fpcalton.com. There are so many non class sites here (family sites, military sites, numerous other niche sites etc.) that you can probably image we have several spinoffs planned for 2010. One of those things is churchcreator.com. There we'll have designs and features specifically geared toward the needs of churches. It's ok to start it up on Class Creator though and move it over there when we get to that project if you wish.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM - Response #2

I'm searching the help forums for information about non-class sites. It seems I recall that some time back, Class Creator asked for ideas for a new site name that would encompass all these groups, but I can't seem to find info about that here. Is there a second site I could be accessing for non-class reunion type sites?

btw: It occurs to me, now that I'm fairly proficient setting up site pages, it might be worthwhile to approach groups such as churches etc. to see if they would pay someone to set up a site for them. I would love to hear from any admins out there that are using the site that way.

Edited 02/28/12 11:13 AM
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM - Response #3

Churches are on our list for future products. At this time, Class Creator is still the main product, though people are using the system for sites other than class reunions as well.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM - Response #4

Since this thread is several years old I would be interested if anything else has been developed regarding church websites.
Thanks,
Jim

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 1:19 AM - Response #5

nope, not yet. There would probably be an email when something develops, similar to how the new Event Planner was announced.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 10:29 AM - Response #6

For the most part I don't see too many problems in adapting the current site for church use except for the profile. Church use would generally be for couples not individuals, so the first name could be two names but the picture is almost too narrow for two -- I tried it. Is there anyway to make it more square?
Jim

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 12:23 PM - Response #7

Yes, but you have to change the CSS. I did this when the new format came out.

Result depends on your image. Takes a bit of experimenting. If you make the main right one wider then if you use ALL the other images those need to be made narrower.

Jim Persing wrote:

Is there anyway to make it more square?
Jim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.