ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Concern About Message Notification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/07/12 01:15 PM Views: 1245 Replies: 5
Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Message Notification.jpg

The notification that one has a message at the site appears to have changed recently as it now contains the beginning of the message text. I am a guest member on the 1957 Springfield Vermont High School site and just received such a notification. A file of same is attached.

In the e-mail account column in Outlook it shows as coming from the Root Admin. Even though I have had a Class Creator site for going on four years it took me a while to determine that this was not sent directly to me by the Root Admin and that he really didn't have access to my private messages.

However, I'm very concerned about my classmates reaction when they now receive notification. If the "individual" sending the notification cannot be changed to something like "No Reply" I would suggest that the beginning of the message NOT be included.

I'm sure this recent change was viewed as an enhancement and may have been requested by many. However, in my opinion the confusion over privacy far outweighs any advantage this new format provides.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM - Response #1

FC,

Can you check something for me?

Go to your OUTLOOK address book. Check to see if you have saved an e-mail address for "Rod Murch" and if that e-mail address is "noreply@classcreator.net". If it is there, please delete it.

I think that will clear up your problem (Unless I didn't fully understand the problem). I am assuming that the problem you are talking about is that the e-mail says from "Rod Murch <noreply@classcreator.net>". If this isn't the problem, please let me know.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM - Response #2

Nothing in my address book nor does anything show up via auto complete in a new e-mail.

The problem I am talking about is as you understand it. That is the e-mail says from "Rod Murch[noreply@classcreator.net]". The file I attached to the original entry shows the e-mail exactly as I received it.

Edited 07/07/12 3:33 PM
Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 9:14 AM - Response #3

I will have Brad and the programmers review this.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM - Response #4

There is now a new option in PREFERENCES :

Notify Me "From" Name:    _______________________
Notifications sent from the system for each classmates' Notify Me settings will display as this. Recommendation: Use only the name of your School and Class.

This should fix your problem.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM - Response #5

Great solution! Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.