ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Admin Rights for Multi-Year Sites

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/16/10 12:54 PM Views: 1223 Replies: 2
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 12:54 PM

:> I know dividing up Admin access has been discussed quite a bit and I know it is on the "Plan of Action" list sometime this year (Yea!).
Being a major multi-year site (1945 - 1994 years), I am having major problems with the many admins I have on board pressing "action" buttons without understanding what they'll do and not being the ones with the know-how to fix what they cause.
Some of these admins are just "dubbed so" to input new classmates, send out site emails to their class, and answer any questions that come in from their site members..... I'm hoping there is a "role" I can give them that will eliminate them from deleting announcements and changing the Reunion Planner from ON to OFF (which is what happened yesterday). And darn once the Reunion Planner is OFF you can't turn it back ON again so all the REUNION stuff has to be input again. Yikes! Waste of energy.... Excuse me...Venting a bit.... Request getting the Admin Roles ASAP! As soon as possible, please! Thank you, Terry :>

Edited 02/16/10 12:55 PM
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 1:09 PM - Response #1

on a separate forum, this is what Brad said

Brad Switzer wrote:

Two of the next big things to launch will be Admin Rights (where you can determine exactly what co-Admins can and can't do), and a link sorting system (where you can re-order and rename all site links).

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=D4CB18EC-DC7E-B868-D1CACCF6EAA32AEF#D4CB18EC-DC7E-B868-D1CACCF6EAA32AEF

This was yesterday.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 3:08 PM - Response #2

Whew! Great! I missed it - thanks Kyle for pointing it to me. :> Terry

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.