ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Live Web Cam on Home Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/15/10 02:36 PM Views: 1635 Replies: 6
Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 2:36 PM

One of my Admins asked the question... Can we post a live webcam on the site's home page during the reunion? If yes, how can we do it? Our reunion is August 7th.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM - Response #1

The easiest way to do this is to direct Classmates who can't attend to your Live Chat page. That way you can turn on your webcam at your reunion, viewers can see and hear your attendees who go in front of the cam, and remote viewers can type questions or messages there too.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM - Response #2

Oops, you don't have Live Chat. What you can do is click your Subscription link just before your reunion, click the Try it Free for a Week button, then run your webcam at the reunion. Since that's the only night you need it the site will then return to having the features it has now after the reunion.

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 5:55 PM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

The easiest way to do this is to direct Classmates who can't attend to your Live Chat page. That way you can turn on your webcam at your reunion, viewers can see and hear your attendees who go in front of the cam, and remote viewers can type questions or messages there too.

Brad, I just found out about this wonderful idea. Yes, I agree that using Live Chat would be easiest, with a Webcam setup at the Reunion. That of course means a computer there, so I will need to see if the site has internet conneciton of course.

I'd actually rather use something more than a little laptop built in camera. I have a full home Surveillance Camera with even Infrared. A camera like that could be set a little higher physically located, and perhaps scan automatically the room?? Do you know if those could be hooked directly to the PC, and used as a Webcam? Otherwise, I could set that surveillance camera up, not using ClassCreator, and broadcast to an IP. I like the idea of Chat Room though much better.

Is there any kind of limit of numbers that can be in the ClassCreator Chat Room at one time?

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 6:29 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Oops, you don't have Live Chat. What you can do is click your Subscription link just before your reunion, click the Try it Free for a Week button, then run your webcam at the reunion. Since that's the only night you need it the site will then return to having the features it has now after the reunion.

Ain't this guy nice -- rather than getting you to upgrade your account $$, he's telling you how to do what you want to for free when it comes Reunion time. Exclamation

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 6:32 PM - Response #5

Anybody watch Antiques Roadshow? Maybe you can set up a 'Feedback Booth' and and feed those comments (then edit them down later into a website video or DVD.)

Check out http://www.ustream.tv/ -- with their iPhone app you can stream live video from your event.

Edited 07/16/10 6:34 PM
Friday, July 16, 2010 at 8:43 PM - Response #6

There is a limit of 25 in the chat room at any one time.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.