ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Comments to Profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/12/16 11:20 PM Views: 1333 Replies: 6
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:20 PM

We are having trouble with posting comments to profiles. I set up preferences to have the comments at the bottom of the profile and there is no Post Comment to Profile identified. Some classmates see the message and can comment, while others can not. Jay Heinrich is having problems send comments on other classmates profiles. Rick Hammond

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 11:39 PM - Response #1

I have found that if I change the Preference to Allow Comments to Profile Items, the Post Comments message appears. However there are comments allowed in the Questions section which are not desirable. How can we only Post Comments to profiles that appear at the bottom of the profile?

Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 3:41 PM - Response #2

You can't pick and choose the questions that allow commenting. The only control on the Preferences page is the one that says: Allow Classmates to post a message for all classmates to read on their Profile. OR Do not allow Classmates to post messages to other classmates on their Profile.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 9:29 PM - Response #3

Richard Hammond wrote:

I have found that if I change the Preference to Allow Comments to Profile Items, the Post Comments message appears. However there are comments allowed in the Questions section which are not desirable. How can we only Post Comments to profiles that appear at the bottom of the profile?

What about the "Allow Classmates to make comments only at the bottom of Profiles." preferences option?

Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 11:36 PM - Response #4

Scott,
Thank you for the reply; however, there are 3 options identified under Comment in the Preference Section.
1. Allow Classmates to make comments on Profile items,
2. Allow Classmates to make comments only at the bottom of profiles.
3. Don't allow Classmates to make any comments on Profiles.

If option 1 is checked the Post Comment message appears, but classmates can make comments on Profile questions as well as comments at the end of the profile.
If option 2 is selected, the Post Comments message does not alway appear and comments can't be posted.

We prefer option 2, but are not able to post a comment if the Post Comment message does not appear. Is there a glitch in the programming? I saw a similar Forum question 03/27/15 by Alice.

Before I change to Option 1, please comment. Richard Hammond

Friday, July 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM - Response #5

It's also possible a classmate disabled comments? Probably not, just noting.

Allow Classmates to enter comments on my Profile page

Edited 07/15/16 12:26 PM
Monday, July 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM - Response #6

Richard - the member has a preference setting in their profile that must be checked to allow comments... Allow Classmates to enter comments on my Profile page (you have the ability to hide or delete comments. If they do not have it checked, members cannot comment on that particular profile.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.