ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Picture Sliders

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/24/14 04:22 PM Views: 710 Replies: 2
Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I was wanting to add a picture slider to our home page but the one mentioned in the Admin. Forum (www.slide.com) went offline in 2010. I found a new site at www.slideful.com that allows you to make free picture sliders online. It takes a little trial and error to become competent with it but it works and I now have a fairly decent slider on my home page. There are multiple options for how photos slide, text features, frames, navigation buttons and arrows, etc. I can even add hyperlinks to other pages on our site or pages outside of our site. Once your slider is finished, you get various HTML code options that can be pasted onto any page using the Source button (Edit Site Pages>Edit Page>Source). One thing to be aware of is that the max width of your slider photos can only be 433 pixels in order to fit on the home page. This differs from the 459 pixels mentioned in the FAQ, Question #8 under Building Your Site. But overall, not bad for a free utility.

Edited 04/24/14 4:26 PM
Friday, April 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM - Response #1

What I used offers more options is all. I do use CC's in other areas of my site.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 8:55 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Frank for providing another option to slide.com

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.