ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Individual Profile to Multi-Site Profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/25/08 03:48 PM Views: 1279 Replies: 5
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Hi Brad & Team,

I had a classmate ask me if there is a way classmates can transfer their profile from an individual class website to a multi-class website without having to manually re-enter everything and upload pictures again. Please advise.

If this question has already been asked and addressed, please direct me to the appropriate forum link.

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Tara

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 4:40 PM - Response #1

Two answers for this:

1) If the individual class web site converts to a multi class web site, then yes, the Profile will automatically transfer and will become grouped under the appropriate graduating year.

2) If someone has built a completely separate multi year web site from scratch, then no, the two sites are now different sites and Profile information would need to be re-entered into the multi site.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 4:42 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your quick response. That helps.

Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 9:34 AM - Response #3

Brad,

When we discovered Class Creator, it was exactly what we'd envisioned for our high-school alumni site (which was already housed on a different service). However, multi-year sites were unavailable at that time, so we created individual class sites using Class Creator. And did our site stats soar - especially for one class!

Because we have more than 1 class planning an upcoming reunion, we were unable to completely fold all our individual years into the multi-year format. Yep, we created a separate multi-year site primarily because we wanted everything under the Class Creator format and because we're now looking at planning a separate, all-alumni reunion. (I'm so glad I'm just running the website and not planning all these reunions). Smile

Everyone LOVES the Class Creator format, and we're getting ready to register a domain name since they've almost met our recent challenge to do so. Of course, our ONLY complaint is they have to create a profile on both sites, but they still want to maintain the individual classes because of the multiple reunions issue.

Will multi-year sites eventually be able to handle multiple reunions? With this and the upcoming "Teacher Profiles" and other changes, our alumni would be perfect. Thanks so much to you and the Class Creator team!

Angie

Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 10:49 AM - Response #4

I could write an incredibly long answer on this, but instead I'm going to keep it brief:

1) Very much like how your Survey Maker works to proudce more than 1 survey, on "multi" sites your Reunion Planner will soon be able to spawn more than 1 simultaneous reunion.

2) Teacher Profiles will be added to multi sites in the first quarter of '09. They will work just like Classmate Profiles more or less.

3) For anyone running multiple single year web sites joined by a master alumni site, we'll soon be allowing "Guest Passes", in which the Site Administrator can allow (or not) Classmates from the same school, but different graduating years, to log in and participate in the site.

Edited 12/07/08 11:34 AM
Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 11:20 AM - Response #5

Perfect! You guys are the best! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.