ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Text on .jpg image

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/02/10 09:45 PM Views: 1131 Replies: 3
Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I have seen the clipboards, the sticky notes, the refrigerators and many of the other visual aids. When I download most of them, it is a .jpg image or .bmp. How do I get text on them to then upload to the site. I have MS Word and MS Publisher. Thanks in advance.
Rick Johnson
Beaufort(NC) High School '63

Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM - Response #1

The things you're referring to are all third party plugins. They are made on third party sites and then embedded. You can find a list of recommended plugins here:

1) Click the FAQs link above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #20

Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 10:43 PM - Response #2

Rick,

I think I may be reading your question differently than Brad did. (Forgive me Brad)

My interpretation of your question is that you have all these pictures from 3rd parties and now you want to add your own text as part of these images. The way I do it is to use Photoshop or some other program that allows you to work with "layers". You take whatever image you want to add something to and create a new "layer" and type whatever message you want, change colors, fonts, etc. When you are happy -- just MERGE the layers (you can have two or 100's). Save the image (preferably on your desktop-for easy finding). Now upload the image to your File Vault-add appropriate link or page you want to view it on. At least this is the way I do it.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 10:45 PM - Response #3

Also a good answer John. So I'll forgive you. This time. Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.