ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

multi year sites

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/19/09 09:20 PM Views: 1475 Replies: 2
Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I am considering a multi year site for my site for the school years 1967-1973. Can I have an admin for each class and still maintain control of my site? Please forgive me if this question has been answered before.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 10:04 PM - Response #1

I could be wrong, but I think if you make your site a multi year site, then add different admins, there isn't an option right now to have a separate admin for each year. So all of the admins will be able to admin all of the years.

If you don't give up the Root Admin function, then you would still be able to add/remove admin capabilities.

There is an item on the task list for Admin Rights, which might include Admin for each year (but I don't KNOW that). I do know the admin rights will include which admin receives which e-mails.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM - Response #2

No, that will not be part of the Admin Rights module. If you want to have an alumni site that has separate site Administrators for each year, you should build each year as a separate site and then build an alumni site to tie all of the sites together. For more information:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #15

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.