ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ANGER WITH E-MAILS

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/10/14 10:01 PM Views: 1123 Replies: 6
Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I TRY TO KEEP INTEREST ON OUR WEBSITE AND I SEND OUT E-MAILS EVERY NOW AND THEN LETTING EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT NEW FEATURES AND OTHER POINTS OF INTEREST WITH THE SITE. I GET BACK E-MAILS TELLING ME TO STOP SENDING AND REMOVE MY NAME. WHAT IS THE POINT OF JOINING THE WEBSITE IF THEY DON'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM - Response #1

We had one. Told him to simply click on "Unsubscribe' in any of the emails he got. His loss, not ours.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM - Response #2

Under Member Functions, in Notify Me, there is a line:
An administrator sends an email to all Classmates (strongly recommended)
To the right, they can click 'Never'
Problem solved.
Guess they don't want to participate in any class functions, like reunions?
Yup - their loss!

Edited 03/10/14 11:30 PM
Monday, March 10, 2014 at 11:45 PM - Response #3

Agree with previous responses. Not everyone will want to receive class emails. That's why they have the unsubscribe option.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 2:01 AM - Response #4

Hm. Might it be that you missed the automatic notifications option on the Preference page? I realize there are so many things happening for our sites the past months, it is easy to miss something.

Go into Preferences. Just above the Profile Preferences at the bottom of the page is CLASSMATE NOTIFICATIONS. It is currently set to send notifications when you edit a page. If you edit pages on your site often, that MAY be the reason they are receiving more emails than they want. (I'm sure you do not send emails daily... Wink ) Here is a screen shot of what you are looking for on the Preferences page: http://screencast.com/t/cuyzH6wJknzt

If you change the setting for CLASSMATE NOTIFICATIONS to UNCHECKED, emails will not be sent. Now, when you add a new page or make a major edit you want them to be notified of, there is a check box at the bottom of the edit window to Notify members. It is a very good tool!

Once you make this change, it would be a good idea to send an email. Personally, I would be upfront with what happened, apologize for the numerous emails and assure your members that they will not receive page update notices of something you do unless it is of importance. BUT... there is one thing you need each of them to handle for themselves.... NOTIFY ME, found under MEMBER FUNCTIONS (as mentioned in the replies above.) Add... their understanding is great appreciated.

Someone may have had enough and not be satisfied, yet another may thank you. Smile

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM - Response #5

Linda- This has been an issue with me as well. Although we receive many positive comments from classmates re how much they enjoy our website....there are many that do not fully participate.
For more insight, you may want to look at "Statistics" under Admin Functions. Scroll down to "Notify Me" and you'll see the participation of your classmates.
I emailed the class (twice) asking everyone to check the accuracy of their Notify Me settings. My hope was that it would improve the statistics. NOT!

It was a real eye-opener for me! Shocked

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.