ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Way to turn off background image tiling?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/14/14 12:52 PM Views: 815 Replies: 9
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I am kind of new -- well, very new -- but I am wondering a couple of things about background images:

first, is it possible to turn off tiling? The background images I've tried all end up being tiled rather than single images. Is there a single image size I can use that will "fill" the background?

second, is it possible to have different background images on different pages of the site?

thirdly (not about background images) but is it possible to make fully custom pages (not using the gallery creator -- but more general apprach perhaps using html)

THANKS!!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM - Response #1

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the world of Class Creator! It is always good to have a 'neighbor' around.

Scott or Kyle will reply to your questions. Look forward to sharing with you here in the Help Forums.

Gwen - from McHenry, IL

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 6:20 PM - Response #2

Thanks so much! I got a PM that answered my questions.

Now I am trying to figure out how to move top menu items to the side bar -- I will see if I can find an answer by searching the forums here.

Will I have to actually edit the html code for the page, or is there a place where I can choose placement of the links?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM - Response #3

Mary - On the Edit Site Pages, your first 5 page links will show across the top and the others down the side. You can drag the page links up or down to reposition where you want the links on your homepage.

Edited 05/14/14 7:01 PM
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:10 PM - Response #4

The girls from Illinois... sticking together. Right, Rhonda? Wink

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM - Response #5

Yup, that'd be us! Very Happy

Edited 05/14/14 7:38 PM
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM - Response #6

I have our site set up left justifies like You do. I have found that if I re size the image to 500pixals, it will end up starting at the right edge. It starts at the left edge of the screen but the multiples of 500Picals come out correctly.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 8:51 PM - Response #7

Thanks, everyone!

If I want there not to be 5 across the top and 5 across the side, I will probably have to revise the html I am guessing. Is that right?

Edited 05/15/14 8:53 PM
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 12:54 AM - Response #8

You can make the background image larger - like 1920 wide and 1000 or so tall. The tradeoff is load times which today is not much of an issue.

There are also html modifiers that expand any image to full screen but they will not work on IE9 or earlier. I experimented with that a few years ago. Will probably ditch IE8/9 and start doing it that way anyway. Both of those are becoming obsolete browsers. You put the html code in the "google analytics" area.

Yes you can have different background images for different pages. See how it's done for the home page and just put that sort of code on any page you like.

You can make any custom pages too using any html you like. If you don't want the standard top and left links, that too, but a LOT more work.

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 1:33 AM - Response #9

I read Mary's last post while in another project and wondered... where is Jack. Good to see you helping Mary, Jack. Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.