ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deceased Show In Email the Class Selection

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/04/09 08:25 PM Views: 1447 Replies: 8
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I just bulk mailed multiple year alumni on our multi-year website.

1) Why do the deceased (I see dead people) show up on the Email The Class selection list? They don't on the single year websites we have.

2) Why is there no "list of emails sent" to after the emails are sent? They show up on the single year sites.

Are these just flaws in the multi-year sites?

This is for our site at: www.SPHSAA-Classmates.org

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM - Response #1

Hi Bruce,

1) Sometimes family members take over profiles and continue to communicate with the friends of the family. We don't restrict this on single or multi-years. You can remove the email address (if there is one) if you don't want the address to receive emails.

2) Large multi-year sites will not receive a list of names after the mail goes - displaying that list for thousands of names causes excessive database queries. It will show the total number but not the list.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 9:06 PM - Response #2

Got it.....but it does not show a total number. I have done several mailings and have not seen a number or confirmation, but that is not important I guess.

Thank you

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 9:14 PM - Response #3

Your right, it's not showing a total # on multi sites. Rest assured though, any years or Classmates selected were sent the email.

Monday, March 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM - Response #4

Does this mean that we have to manually remove all email addresses from deceased? Is there a way to display the 2 email fields from the Contact information right on the page where the In Memory information is edited? It's not easy to flip back and forth between In Memory pages and Contact information (for removing emails). That's like what we had to do with Profile pages for displaying Military Service.

I did a full Contacts download & can only see which Deceased records have primary emails but can't tell who has alternate emails. Does that field download somewhere else?

Edited 03/22/10 6:14 PM
Monday, March 22, 2010 at 8:05 PM - Response #5

Mary Smith - SPHSAA Alumni Records wrote:

I did a full Contacts download & can only see which Deceased records have primary emails but can't tell who has alternate emails. Does that field download somewhere else?

There is a request on the task list to export the Secondary E-mail address. Currently it is not exported anywhere.

Monday, March 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM - Response #6

OK, thanks, that will be helpful to get 2nd emails downloading eventually. Meanwhile, can you also put on your tasklist, my first question:

"Is there a way to display the 2 email fields from the Contact information right on the page where the In Memory information is edited?"

We're going to have to go back to the Contact info before or after adding a person to In Memory.

Monday, March 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM - Response #7

Mary Smith - SPHSAA Alumni Records wrote:

OK, thanks, that will be helpful to get 2nd emails downloading eventually. Meanwhile, can you also put on your tasklist, my first question:

"Is there a way to display the 2 email fields from the Contact information right on the page where the In Memory information is edited?"

We're going to have to go back to the Contact info before or after adding a person to In Memory.

Maybe a better request would be to have a LINK to the DETAILS page of the classmate, just like you came in through the Manage Classmates/Enter.Edit Classmate page

Monday, March 22, 2010 at 9:44 PM - Response #8

Here is the Task I added for the programmer about this. It will not get implemented until our next round of In Memory area updates.

--------------------------
Task:

Please add this checkbox on the In Memory edit page:

Include this deceased Classmate when using the Email The Class function (you may wish to do this if a family member or relative of the deceased Classmate is still receiving emails at his or her email address). You can edit this deceased Classmate's email address (or remove it if desired) from this deceased Classmate's Details Page.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.