ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

titles to follow names

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/02/10 04:51 PM Views: 1257 Replies: 3
Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

After being here for a year and a half, this question seems pretty darned silly, but I can't seem to find the answer. I have a classmate whose last name is "Smith". As you can imagine, there are a lot of Smiths on our site. He wishes to be listed as "Pastor" Leroy Smith. If I put "Pastor Leroy" in the first name block, anyone looking for him could likely miss his listing. I know this must be covered somewhere, I just can't seem to find it! (sorry)

Just used the new updated "email the class". Now that's nice!! Very Happy Just one more question. Classmates with "not missing" seem to be included in the total number of emails being sent out. (deduced by checking, "send to classmates who have not registered") Could that be right? Confused

Edited 09/02/10 4:52 PM
Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM - Response #1

I don't understand the problem with just putting "Pastor Leroy" in the First Name field. Why would people miss him? The list is alphabetized by last name anyway, so nobody is going to be trying to find Larry, they're going to be trying to find "Smith" if they are looking for him specifically. The Classmate Search button will also find him immediately if they type in his first or last name. Thus I'm really not seeing why this is a problem. Even if we put in some type of pre-name field in the system, how would we list it differently on the Class List anyway? It will still have to be alphabetized by the Last Name field like it works now, so I don't see how the List would look any different. You could always display his name as Leroy Smith (Pastor), but you can do that already too of course by putting (Pastor) in the Last Name field.

Will inquire with Programming regarding notmissing.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM - Response #2

Notmissing no longer included in count.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:49 PM - Response #3

Excellent!! Thanks Brad!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.