ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can't Log In To Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/25/14 01:42 PM Views: 2039 Replies: 21
Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Not able to log in to our site. Can you help please?

Thank you,

Sam T.

Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM - Response #1

I sent you a "reset Password" email. If this doesn't work, clear your browser cache and try again.

Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM - Response #2

Kyle,

STEPS TAKEN
1) Entered a new password and that got me in.
2) Logged off and tried to log in to site using the new password from step 1 and was blocked.
3) Changed password again using e-mail that you sent and used the same password from step 1 and that got me in.
4) Logged out and had same problem logging back in. Using the e-mail again I changed the password to the very same one that I used in step 1. Log in was successful.

SUMMARY
After step 4 I went in to edit my profile and did not find a place in the detail profile for either my e-mail address or my password. Other profiles have this information. After many years on Class Creator and our site this is the first time I have encountered this issue. I can always use the e-mail to change my password and log in (using the very same password), but when I log out I cannot log back in using standard protocol. STRANGE.....!

Thank you for any help on this one,

Sam T.

Edited 10/25/14 11:19 PM
Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM - Response #3

Try clearing your browser cache

Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM - Response #4

Kyle, did that...Does not help.
Thanks,

Sam T.

Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 10:17 PM - Response #5

Still have this problem as documented in earlier posts. Can you help on this please?

Monday, October 27, 2014 at 10:11 AM - Response #6

Any status update on this item?

Monday, October 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM - Response #7

I've still been unable to recreate this issue. I am able to log in as you without any issue. Typically, when a member has a login issue such as this, clearing cache and cookies, closing / reopening a browser does the trick. Occasionally I will request that they reboot as well. Also, have you attempted logging in with a different browser?

Monday, October 27, 2014 at 1:11 PM - Response #8

Scott,

I have tried just about everything I know. Oddly, when I do log in using the "e-mail change your password approach" I do get in. Then I go to my detail profile and my e-mail address and password information is not showing (as is the case with all other profiles). I was thinking that this information may have been wiped out (???) and that is preventing me from logging in the orthodox manner (I have been doing it the same way since 2008, and several times a week as co-administrator).

You may want to check my profile detail to determine if you see the same thing (missing e-mail and password). Equally odd is the fact that when I use the "e-mail change your password approach" I get right in (using the same browser, etc.). Thank you for your help.

Sam T.

Edited 10/27/14 1:12 PM
Monday, October 27, 2014 at 9:37 PM - Response #9

Anything to report. I am out of ideas. Should not my detail profile contain my e-mail address and password (it does not contain either); and if so what happened to those elements? It seems reasonable to assume that the information in my detail profile would be checked (either via index or the profile) as to the veracity of the e-mail and password used when logging in. I will appreciate your best answer/advice to this item.

Thanks,

Sam T.

Monday, October 27, 2014 at 10:39 PM - Response #10

Can you try a different computer? It's possible you have some malware running.

Monday, October 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM - Response #11

Jack,

You get the AWARD for your suggestion - just got off my Wife's laptop after logging in in the orthodox way. I am puzzled, however, that I am able to log in using the "e-mail change password" I discussed in the above post using our desktop, but not in what I have described above as the orthodox manner. Just seems that if it was a virus I could not get in either way. I am going to run a couple of malware/virus and other checks tonight on the desktop and see if I can log in after that (in the orthodox manner).

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the posts in this thread and provide your feedback to me.

Regards,

Sam

Edited 10/27/14 11:37 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM - Response #12

Great news. Please let us know what you find out after running a scan. Don't know if you have Malwarebytes. It's pretty good although no single program can get 100%.

A possible reason for the 'difference' in login is probably related to the "hook/scan" used by the malware code. For example, some will let you browse but if you go to anti-virus sites they block either the site or the download.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 8:12 AM - Response #13

Jack,

Completed scans using Trojan Killer and Spy Hunter (as you said, one program may not catch everything). Had one Adawre item that was detected (got rid of that). Did a cleaning and re-packing of index. Rebooted and logged in without any problems. Success, I can now log in to our site in the orthodox way which I have done since 2008.

Thank you very much for your excellent suggestion.

Regards,

Sam T.

Edited 10/28/14 8:16 AM
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM - Response #14

A big thanks to Jack on this one! Glad to see you are making progress Sam.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM - Response #15

Scott,

Glad it is resolved - thank goodness. Thank you for your assistance also; Big Thanks to Jack.

Regards,

Sam

Edited 10/28/14 1:24 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 2:36 PM - Response #16

And thank you for posting the 'fix'. Helps the next time someone else has a similar problem.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM - Response #17

Sammy Thurmond wrote:

Anything to report. I am out of ideas. Should not my detail profile contain my e-mail address and password (it does not contain either); and if so what happened to those elements? It seems reasonable to assume that the information in my detail profile would be checked (either via index or the profile) as to the veracity of the e-mail and password used when logging in. I will appreciate your best answer/advice to this item.

Thanks,

Sam T.

I know this is resolved but..as an aside, your email and password do not appear on your Profile Page. They would be in Update Contact Info and Change Password.

Edited 10/28/14 6:09 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM - Response #18

Thank you Barbara. I did not find the e-mail address and password in my detail profile, but do see this information in every other class member in their detail profile; just curious as to why it is not included in my profile (don't know whether that is because I am listed as ADMIN or if you are looking for these data fields in your own detail profile it just won't show). I, of course, can't see any class member's password, only can assign them a change if requested (and advise them to change it to one of their choice once logged in).

Your comments are appreciated, and I am, of course, a big fan of Jack's. He hit the nail on the head. What was so "puzzling" to me and remains so is why I could log on using the "e-mail password" method that I discussed above using our desktop, but could not log in using the orthodox method using the very same computer. Jack's advice solved the problem of logging in using the orthodox method, but it is getting close to Halloween so I'm not going to be "puzzled" any longer. Just glad all works now.

Regards,

Sam

Edited 10/28/14 7:51 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM - Response #19

Only the ROOT ADMIN can change other admin's password from the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, DETAILS page. Since you aren't the Root Admin, you cannot view/change any admin's password from that page, including your own.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 9:46 PM - Response #20

Thank you Kyle. Been doing .... all these years and now I know; maybe will even improve (no guarantees though) this old dog's performance (lol). Seriously, thanks for taking the time to clarify this.

Of course, as you know, I was able to change my password using the e-mail notification (change password) that you sent me earlier.

Regards,

Sam

Edited 10/28/14 10:03 PM
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 12:20 AM - Response #21

I just used the "Forgot Password" link on the home page (when logged out) and pasted in your email address. Glad I could help.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.