ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey instructions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/05/16 11:22 PM Views: 1062 Replies: 8
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 11:22 PM

Are there detailed instructions on how to properly create a survey? How to format the question and setting up the options? Also, does an e-mail go out to the classmates informing them of the survey or how do they find out about it?

Thanks for any help.

Skip Osborn

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 8:37 AM - Response #1

There are detailed instructions on the SURVEY MAKER page.

Surveys
The Survey Creator makes creating complex surveys simple. You can create as many surveys as you would like, and you can choose whether or not a survey is active on your site. For example, you can have one survey currently active while building another survey behind the scenes that you plan to activate at a later date. You can also have 2 or more surveys active on your site at the same time. After you have finished creating a survey just click the checkmark in the "Active" column to make the survey live and visible to your Classmates. You can return to the Survey Creator at any time to make changes to a survey even if it is currently active on your site.

SURVEY RESULTS: If you set your Survey Results Visibility to "Admins Only" no Classmates will be able to view answers to your survey questions. If you set the visibility to "All Classmates" your Classmates will be able to view collective group results but WILL NOT be able to view each Classmate's specific answers like Administrators can. Individual answers are never displayed to site members for privacy purposes.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 12:13 PM - Response #2

The Survey Maker tells you what the survey does but not how to create the actual survey question/tools. All it shows is a blank sheet. From another forum question you talk about check boxes/radio buttons:
"Monday, November 2, 2015 at 12:42 PM - Response #2
I see. You have built the answer section incorrectly for your questions. When building a question... 1) State the question. 2) Use the Answer Type dropdown to select the type of answer you are seeking... Yes / No, Checkboxes if you have multiple choices where the user can answer more than one, Radio Buttons for multiple choice where the user can answer ONLY one, Short Text field for short answers and Comment Box for longer answers. If you choose the Checkbox or Radio buttons, there is a spot for you to add your answers... add the first answer and then click the Add Answer button. Repeat until all answers are added."

Where is the information for these tools?
Also, you didn't answer my question: "does an e-mail go out to the classmates informing them of the survey or how do they find out about it?"

Thanks.

Skip Osborn

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 12:26 PM - Response #3

The survey would be considered a new page of the site, and so for those members who have their Notify Me setting to be informed of new pages, they would get a notice. If it were me though, I would send an email to the class asking them to log in and take the survey.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 12:58 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the info on what happens to the survey. That should be part of the instructions. It doesn't mention that the survey is a new page on the site nad how the classmates find out about it. Now what about my other question about how to compose a survey question?

Thanks.

Skip Osborn

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 3:49 PM - Response #5

Hi Skip,

When you go to Survey Maker choose Add a New Survey. Give the survey a name and there is a content area where you can type in an introduction to the survey if needed. Below the content area is a black line and then an Add Question button. When you add a question you will be selecting the type of question you are adding. When you are ready to add the second question you would choose the Add Question button again etc.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 4:20 PM - Response #6

OK, that answers my question. Your instructions on that page are not clear. When you click on "Add Survey" the new page comes up with a title box and a text box. I assumed that the text box is where you enter the question and the "Add a Question" box is for a second question. Why do you need to check the "Add a Question" box at all for the first question? The page should come up with those boxes open so you see where to type in your survey name, instructions AND the box to type in your actual question. If you want to add a second question then the "Add a Question" box makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

Skip Osborn

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Response #7

Hi Skip,

Admins will sometimes use the survey pages for notices of upcoming surveys or results of surveys without active survey questions on the page -- the current set up allows for all of those alternatives.

Jessica

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 5:41 PM - Response #8

OK, but then I think there should be a step in the instructions to say to click on the "Add a Question" box for the first survey question or change the name of the box to something like "Enter your first question".

Thanks.

Skip Osborn

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.