ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Old Survey showing up instead of new

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/07/18 12:02 PM Views: 502 Replies: 5
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 12:02 PM

I had an old survey that I removed, and inserted a new survey - same place in list, but different name; a few, not many, of the responses are coming from the old survey. They are all people that originally responded to the old survey, but it doesn't affect all those that took the old survey; most times clicking on the new survey, creates a new survey and not updating the old one. How is that?

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 3:38 PM - Response #1

If you "recycle" a survey - meaning you simply change the title and the questions, the database still has the answers from the original questions in the answer tables. The best way to handle all new surveys is to start a new survey from scratch.

Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 2:03 PM - Response #2

Scott - Thanks, And that's what I did - similar questions, but totally new survey...as I said only a few folks had the old survey updated when they sent it in...most had the new...I figured it may be that they don't use their computer much and a question of 'cache' or something not cleared out???

Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 4:11 PM - Response #3

That is a possible scenario... a cached page.

Monday, October 8, 2018 at 10:56 AM - Response #4

Scott - I FOUND the error - naturally, Operator Error. In one of my links within text to get to that survey, I had neglected to change the old to new survey, and therefore assume that must have been the error - again, my fault Smile

Monday, October 8, 2018 at 11:08 AM - Response #5

Glad you figured it out. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.