ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Has anyone created a recipe list for your site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/27/12 12:12 PM Views: 1513 Replies: 10
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I have several members that want to start a recipe book on our site. Has anyone had a request like this and did you find a good solution to post these?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM - Response #1

I am signing into this thread because I would like to see what people say. Could be a great idea! (For those of us who still cook!)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM - Response #2

We have been sharing recipes for a couple years now. We opened a thread on the User Forum and called it Recipes and made it a sticky. We have had many good recipes added (so many good cooks out there) We are talking about maing a recipe book out of them as our Reunion gets closer.

Suzie

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

Hi Shirley & Denise, & Susan,
I, also, saw this thread in my e-mail & it sounded interesting. My graduating class was 75 girls who are now 66 & 67 years old. It sounds like a good idea. I suppose it might go well in the member forum with a note on the homepage about it.
Does anyone have any further ideas? Perhaps a prize at the reunion for the 'best' rescipe according to a poll we could post? That might even encourage some more to register for the reunion. Also, our school had some ethnicity to it as it was located in B'klyn, NY. So I'm sure there are some cooks from my class that are quite proud of some traditional dish.

Good idea, Shirley! I'l post something on my site and see what happens.
Barbara

Edited 06/27/12 12:59 PM
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM - Response #4

We have a Class Cookbook being readied for publication and being sold as part fund raiser and part tool for reconnecting. Have selectively used classmate submissions for past 18 months on the web site and in our monthly bulletin entitled, "Recipe of the Month." Beyond the usual categories of entrees', salads, appetizers, desserts, etc., we opened it up for beverages and restaurant recommendations which tends to draw out a few more guy contributions.

One of the more inspiring efforts came from Bethel High School where you can download their complete book (http://www.bethelhigh1971.com/). Not sure if we will be making ours available on line yet or not, but about half of our registered classmates have ordered either the print version or CD version (which will include class directory and reunion highlight photos plus delivery by 1st class mail after our 50th next month) for $20 each.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM - Response #5

Somewhere, awhile back, I saw another CC website with a Recipe link. It sounded like a really good idea so I was going to wait and do this after our reunion (our 40th will be in Aug.)to try and keep interest in the site once the reunion is history.

I have been unable to get much participation in any of the messge forums so was thinking about sending out 'Email the Class' every now and then to gather recipes and then make a separate page with links to different recipe categories for them as they are submitted thorughout the months/years.

I do like Bob's idea of using a "Class Cookbook" to raise money for future reunions and/or to keep the CC website up and running!

Thanks everyone for always having great suggestions!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM - Response #6

Hi Rhonda,
E-mailing the class would be a good way to gather interest. I'm definitely going to try it. Let you all know how it turns out and if it's worth doing it.
Barbara

Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM - Response #7

Hello,
Thanks for bringing this up. I'm using one of the customizable links just for recipes. For anyone interested, go to BON APPETIT .I removed password protection today and will probably leave it open ...
Again thanks for sharing your ideas. No one in my group is particular interested in buying "another" recipe book, some
prefer to eat out or take out; seems like nobody has much time to cook anymore. So we try those that are easy and fast but pass the taste/health tests.
Thelma

Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM - Response #8

I have not but I like the idea, I am a peosonal chef and caterer... I just might have to get it started on our site.

Julie Brown
Sammamish62

Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 2:48 PM - Response #9

I love your Food link Thelma! What a great job, but then again, I just plain like your website. I really liked the section about what other countries eat - we're not so different after all.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM - Response #10

Thanks Carmela. I like your website too especially the Top Stories section and the DID YOU KNOW link opens to a lot of new ideas.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.