ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Save process when changing profile information

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/17/08 06:23 PM Views: 1228 Replies: 1
Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 6:23 PM

If I make a change to a profile of someone who is registered, I'm assuming that it shows up as a PROFILE UPDATE on the home page. For various reasons, I may not want that to show as a profile update. Would be nice to have an option for the administrator only to SAVE AND SHOW UPDATE or SAVE ONLY - DONT SHOW UPDATE.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 10:01 PM - Response #1

Good idea Kendall, thank you!

I did put this on our "to do" list, but I put it quite a ways down the list so as not to interfere with several ongoing and upcoming tasks that are high importance. So it's gunna be awhile. But, it's coming.

I'm going to paste the programming task below so you can see exactly how I've told the programmer to implement this new feature. Thanks again for the good recommendation.

-----------------------------
When an Administrator goes into edit both the details page on a Classmate's behalf, or the Profile page on the Classmate's behalf, please append these options to the end of the page before the save button.

Show this change as a profile update in the "Profile Updates" box on the home page.
Do not show this change as a profile update on the home page.

Let's default the radio button to "do not show." If the Administrator wants their revision to show up as a profile update they'll have to toggle this option to "show" themselves.

Also, only append these two radio buttons to those two pages if the Administrator is utilizing the Profile Updates box. If they have deselected it, then never show these two radio buttons.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.