ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Custom database fields and child names

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/17/08 06:19 PM Views: 1293 Replies: 1
Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM

As I was swimming in my pool today, I thought of a few suggestions.

1) It would be nice to be able to add custom database fields to the profile. That way, I could track various other information I may want to ask each classmate.

2) Would like each classmate to be able to determine whether or not they want to show specific profile information in their public profile. They may want to enter an address for the administrator to have, but they don't want to show it to the public. THis would also be helpful to have with the custom fields.

3) Would like to see some consistency with the Child info. I know there is a box for each person to enter children information but it's pretty much the wild west when it comes to descriptions. So, my idea would be to ask how many children they have. Then, open up a table that they would select relationship (son, daughter, etc) and then enter their name and then their birthdate. Now that you have their birthdate, you can now show the age of the child in real time. So the format might look something like this:

Children
Bob (son) born 9/1/95 (12 years old)
Sue (daughter) born 7/1/98 (10 years old)
...and so on.

Edited 08/17/08 6:20 PM
Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 10:27 PM - Response #1

1) This topic is under discussion in this thread.

2) We hide telephone numbers, street addresses, and email addresses. The Administrator has them all already of course. Classmates can choose if they wish to show their telephone number and mailing address to just logged in fellow Classmates.

3) I'll put this on the "to consider" list. I know it's the Wild West, but the minute we try to standardize the childen area somebody will want to change it (I promise you). Right now you'll also see things like "Jessica, our precious princess, born 4/17/2001." As a comments box people have the ability to describe their children any way they want. Just thinkin' out loud again; we consider all ideas. There are those who like the Wild West. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.