ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Paypal CC not working

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/21/14 10:05 PM Views: 1869 Replies: 8
Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I just set up a donate button for a reunion. It works fine for Paypal donations but not at all for Credit Cards - msg says can't use that card. But it says it for any card and any person. Suggestions?

Edited 08/21/14 10:06 PM
Friday, August 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM - Response #1

Can you explain more since your site is locked and I can't see what you mean.

PayPal accepts only the cards listed on the PayPal site.

Are you talking about a Credit Card that is not listed? Or some message somewhere that says 'any card and any person' using the CC credit card option? If the latter, what is the card that is not accepted?

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 11:14 PM - Response #2

The message we get is:

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.

It happened to me with a Mastercard and to another classmate with a Discover and a Visa card.

Mike

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM - Response #3

OK, you are talking purely about PayPal. There are several causes LINK. #1 or #2 most likely reason.

1, Your card is associated with a specific PayPal account, and you're not logging in with that particular account.
2. Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
3. You've linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.
4. You've exceeded your card limit with the PayPal system.
5. Your email address is raising a red flag in PayPal's system.
6. Your browser is not accepting cookies. You should clear any existing cookies and try again.

One solution is to Log In to the PayPal account associated with the credit card.

If you forgot the account, try to research the card statements and see which one has PayPal transactions on it. Or see if you can remember the account email and ask for the PW - but you'd have to have access to the email used of course.

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM - Response #4

the point of using a credit card is for people who don't have a Paypal account.

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 11:43 PM - Response #5

I don't know the security rules or what PayPal is looking at but this sounds like one of them.

If they've never had a PayPal account, the only solution is to create a PayPal account.

IMO it's a much safer way to pay online for various things since you don't expose your credit card all the time.

It's all up to each of course, but that's the only thing that I can think of as a solution. It's not much more work to create an account.

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM - Response #6

Could also be a transient error in PayPal code. You'd have to contact them and see what is going on.

Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM - Response #7

Are you trying to pay with a Credit Card via Paypal or via ClassCreator? You don't need to have a Paypal account to use a credit card. From your website people need to click Pay via Paypal. Then look for the line that says "I don't have a Paypal account...." That allows you to pay via Credit Card. Here is a link to what they take - which is just about all of them.
Paypal LINK

To avoid confusion, I only allowed the Paypal method for my reunion. I explained to all that they would be able to pay by cards with this option. Here is a piece from the directions I gave to my classmates:

• Select the events you want to attend and number of attendees along with names.
  • Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click Purchase Items Ordered
  • On the next page click Check Out Now
  • Scroll down the page. Paypal will be marked (applies to credit/debit card too). Click Finalize My Order.
  • On the next screen click Pay Now
  • If paying with a Paypal account, log in. If you are paying by credit card, click on the bottom right where it says Pay With Debit or Credit Card.
  • Enter your information and click Pay

EDIT: I was logged in under one of my other sites. These were the steps I used at www.plainedge1964.com for our 50 Year reunion. I had no problems with it.

Edited 08/23/14 8:29 AM
Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM - Response #8

He said PayPal Wink Unfortunately, the error he described is not unusual for PayPal - for whatever reason many get the same error message when attempting to use a credit card without creating an account. See response #3.

Forum Moderator wrote:

You don't need to have a Paypal account to use a credit card. From your website people need to click Pay via Paypal.
To avoid confusion, I only allowed the Paypal method for my reunion.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.