ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Erros in the Message Center (Responsive Design)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/15/16 09:08 PM Views: 1329 Replies: 7
Friday, January 15, 2016 at 9:08 PM
messagecentererror.png

On my site, I get an error message on literally every private message I send (by 'private message' I am talking about a message you send to another person on the site by clicking on their profile and then click on 'Send so-and-so a Message'). When I send a message, such as a reply, I get an error message (see attached screenshot), but it seems like the message actually goes through successfully. So I am not sure why the system is displaying the error message "Error: This message has already been posted". I am using the Responsive Design, but I am not sure if that is the culprit(?)

Edited 01/15/16 9:59 PM
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 10:27 AM - Response #1

UPDATE: As a clarification, this problems occurs only when replying to an existing thread. It doesn't happen when you send a brand new message. Thanks.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 2:15 PM - Response #2

Very strange. I cannot replicate this issue. I have logged in and out numerous time between different test members on my test site and I can't seem to generate this error.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 5:35 PM - Response #3

The error occurs in both Chrome (Version 47.0.2526.111 m) and Edge (version 25.10586.0.0), so I don't think it's a browser issue. I have replicated the problem on 2 of my 4 class creator sites -- this one (sandbridgebeerclub.com) and another one (sandbridgedunes.com). When I switch the design back to a legacy design, the problem goes away. Then when I switch back to responsive design, I get the error message (again, when responding to an existing thread, not creating a new message). The message content does show up in the conversation thread, so it seems like a 'false' error message. Still, it is a problem because my site members have complained to me about it Sad

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 6:44 PM - Response #4

@Scott. You are welcome to log into one of my websites to see what I mean. I assume you have some sort of admin privilege to do so. If not, I am happy to create a guest login for your use in investigating this little mystery Cool

Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 4:36 PM - Response #5

Please add me as a guest member and then I can join and we can begin a discussion in the Message Center.

Friday, January 22, 2016 at 4:00 PM - Response #6

Scott, my Sandbridge Beer Club website (sandbridgebeerclub.com) is set up to allow anyone to join. Go ahead and join and send me a message... I think you will see the error when replying to an existing thread (but not an original message). Just in case, I also added you as a 'guest' member to my condo website sandbridgedunes.com. So feel free to give that a shot also. Thanks.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 11:26 AM - Response #7

Tom, Sorry for the delayed reply. Please reply or send me a new message and I will see if I can recreate the issue on my end.

Please see my Jing videos:

Test 1 in Firefox. http://screencast.com/t/yUjMk0qG5Bs8
Test 2 in Chrome http://screencast.com/t/E6Oj2ruz

Thanks
Scott

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.