ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

iFrame - what is it

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/02/13 10:53 PM Views: 1297 Replies: 11
Monday, September 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I have posted some prior reunion videos on our site. They work fine, but now looking to see how they got there or possibly edit something there, I bring up the 'edit site page' and see the text at the top and only "IFRAME" in the three images below. What is it, how did I get there, and if I want to add or change, what's up. Is this strictly what one would see after you embed a video as instructed in 'how to embed a youtube video' on your website?

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM - Response #1

All seems to be working fine. What page were you looking at when you noticed this? I could not locate anything that appeared as you described.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM - Response #2

The videos are working fine from the home page, but when I went in to edit http://www.hhs63.com/class_admin_pages_form.cfm?page_id=172049 is where I saw the iFrame...Using Win 7 and Chrome

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM - Response #3

Ah. Okay - in the editor, that is how embedded objects will appear. The editor does not render the object, but will show you where the elements are so that you know the code is in that location. You have to go to the actual page to view the object.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM - Response #4

Ah, so that when I press SOURCE it shows me the embedded code for youtube videos....Now one more thing. I've been asking about using my 'real' site storage.hhs63.com and can't seem to either get a good answer or understand the answer - most certainly the latter - hopefully i can easily take advantage of the existing 10GB sitting there with about 6 GB empty & lots of photos and stuff I'd like to use...see http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=8DC4CA07-1422-725F-3C393BA09701A0BF - it started a long time ago, but then I recently started it again - thanks

Edited 09/03/13 3:29 PM
Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM - Response #5

It would appear that you are wanting to use the storage that you already own from another site and display the images (etc) on your CC site. Is that correct? While that is certainly possible, it does not sound like a lit of fun to manage. You have plenty of room in your CC File Vault... Currently storing 25.35 MB of available 200 MB (at 12.67% capacity). I guess I'm not quite clear on what you need or are requesting.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM - Response #6

He's trying to
Quote:

add a 1 GB video
so that would instantly eat up his remaining space and then some.

I think it's a terminology issue. The method used to maintain/access that site is not the same as linking to data. For starters, storage.hhs63.com is not a domain name. A 'real' domain name makes everything very easy. For example, storagehhs63.com (no period). Other access is probably possible but very difficult to communicate without access to that site for me to tell him how.

It's actually pretty simple and easy to manage (actually easier than CC since the tools available (Cpanel and ftp - to name 2) are much more powerful).

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM - Response #7

I have access to the cpanel and can play with it, and can see the files I'm trying to use - I tested a couple but the results are what I was complaining about in prior posts on the other issue/thread referenced above - and working on the naming convention to address or link these files is what has me stumped.

Edited 09/03/13 6:03 PM
Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM - Response #8

That's what I'm attempting to explain. You can't do it the way you think. I'd need access to your site to figure it out for you using your host's conventions (I think that's possible). However, that's not the way to do it. You just need to get a real domain name pointing to your storage site and problem solved. $10 makes it simple.

storage.hhs63.com resolves to IP 208.76.86.116 which is actually viper.tcmachines.com You can actually use login to your site using that IP.

IOW, storage.hss63.com is not a domain name.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM - Response #9

It seems to me that if you have to log in to the storage location, when ClassCreator tried to access the photo, they would also have to log in, so each of your users would need your username/password to see your video. Is that not right? Is there a way to access your storage WITHOUT LOGGING IN? If not, you probably cannot use that storage for your class website.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM - Response #10

Yes, there's an easy way to access the storage there without logging in - give it (buy) a domain nameIdea

Edited 09/03/13 10:56 PM
Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM - Response #11

Jack - I'll give you access to CP Panel - please write me on dick3337@gmail.com thanks or your phone and i'll call you

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.