ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Download PDF Files from the Website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/12/12 09:16 AM Views: 1072 Replies: 2
Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Hello, guys.

I'm sure there's a simple answer to this but I've been a little stressed and don't seem to be thinking straight!

You'll maybe understand why when I say that after a problem with a computer virus a number of files containing the work I've put on the website have been lost from my hard drive. Four years work down the drain -or maybe not.

Among the files are a number of PDFs I created and don't want to have to go through the business of creating again.

Can I copy the files from the website back to my computer so that I can save them again (and keep a backup this time!)?

I'd be grateful for anyone's help.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM - Response #1

You can open a page editor (through edit site pages) and then click the Link icon (the third from the right in the second row of the editor toolbar) then click the button to open the File Vault. Click on the names of the PDF files you want to download, and for each one a Preview button will appear. When you click that button, the file will open in a new window, and if your browser cannot render the pdf it will just download it to your computer. If it does render it, you'll need to just save the page manually.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM - Response #2

Many thanks, Eric.

I'll give it a try.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.