ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notification of site changes

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/17/08 11:00 AM Views: 1280 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 11:00 AM

We used to get notified when things changed on the site or new features were added. Lately, I have been "finding" additional features that I did not know existed. Today I found the year had been added to birthdays. Last week it was features such as changing the home page features and removing the log in box.

When aren't emails sent out to administrators when changes are made?

Thanks

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 12:35 PM - Response #1

We send out new feature announcements to the entire mailing list only when they're really of significance. Something like adding the birth year doesn't warrant a system wide email (there are some people out there who are very sensitive about getting too many emails). Significant new features are also posted in this forum in the suggestions conference. I'll go ahead and also start posting the smaller features and enhancements there too, good idea.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 2:46 PM - Response #2

Randall,

I think this addressed by the following:

When you first click on "Help Forums" on your homepage, you are brought to the forum categories (grouped questions). At the bottom of this page is an option to Subscribe to all new posts. Click yes. This is how I'm learning about all the developments. I get about hmm, maybe 4-8/day. The content of the post, whether it's a question, or new update, is listed at the bottom of the email. I just scan quickly and delete as needed.

If you don't want all the admins' posted questions, etc, you could just subscribe to new posts in individual forum categories. I subscribe to everything because sometimes other admins ask questions that I didn't think of, then I learn from the answer as well Smile

I hope this helps.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 3:04 PM - Response #3

Heck I enter twice that many responses alone every day in the forums. You must not be subscribed to everything.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.