ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

posting reunion photos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/17/08 10:12 AM Views: 1960 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to the best way to post reunion photos onto the website. As administrator, it is very time consuming to add emailed photos from other classmates into a custom link and then type in the captions that go along with them. One classmate added the photos to her personal profile and then I added a hyperlink on the homepage directing everyone to that profile to view the reunion pics. I'm sure other people have used third party photo download services as an option. It would be nice to be able to have classmates download photos as they do in their personal pages, add their own captions but have them separate from those personal pages and photos. Any ideas on what might work best?

Edited 08/17/08 10:27 AM
Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM - Response #1

Community photo galleries are coming. We're making some very cool layouts for them right now. Upon completion they go to layout, and ultimately into the programming queue. Any regular readers here know how swamped the programmers are right now, so it's gunna be awhile for these. Community galleries are coming though. In the interim you might want to use photobucket.com.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 3:02 PM - Response #2

What I did was create a classmate profile called "Reunion Pictures" and made up a simple fake email address and a password that I then shared with the rest of the classmates. They were able to enter in under this profile and add their pictures and captions. Worked well and saved me as the administrator a whole lot of work.
The new Community Photo section sounds like it will be great but this is an option until it is up and running.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 3:03 PM - Response #3

please ignore this post

Edited 08/17/08 3:07 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.