ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

IM missing from website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/14/14 11:07 AM Views: 849 Replies: 22
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Instant Messaging is no longer an option on my school website. Please advise how to fix this problem and restore the option -m thank you.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 12:34 PM - Response #1

I see it on your website. It is called Live Chat in the Member Functions section. Are you not seeing it?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 12:40 PM - Response #2

I see the Live Chat but before there was an IM feature - what happened to it?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 1:45 PM - Response #3

Try logging out and then log back in. Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed.

Have you ever turned off IM with the X in the right corner? If you have you can turn it back on under your Member Functions on the left navigation.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM - Response #4

I have logged out and back in numerous times daily. There is no IM option listed in the Member Functions list. I do not see any X anywhere on the website screen. The IM feature was visible before m- how did it get turned off and removed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance to get this matter resolved.

Richard '63

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM - Response #5

Have you cleared your cache when you logged out? Try that. I just logged in as you and I get the IM window.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM - Response #6

I clear my CHROMEBOOK every time I log off but will try again and see if that works.

Richard

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM - Response #7

I ensured the cache was cleared and I still do not see the IM feature. Clearing the website from all bookmarks, etc. and freload a new www.omahatech.org to see if thagt fixes the issue.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM - Response #8

Site has been unavailable for most of last night. I deleted all references to the site in my systems and tried to re-enter the url on each system but site was not available. Entered url this morning, logged on, and still no IM option listed anywhere.

What is the correct fix for this issue?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM - Response #9

You should be able to try it again now. There was a Comcast issue, and if you have Comcast, you were unable to get to the site. BTW - If you do have Comcast, what time did you first notice not being able to reach the site? We need to know this for our discussions with Comcast. Thanks.

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 7:48 AM - Response #10

Site available now - not a COMCAST customer - still no IM feature listed .... only LIVE CHAT.

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM - Response #11

Do you have Flash installed on your computer? The IM box typically displays in the lower right of the screen (not the left navigation). It is flash based so if your Flash player is not working, that might explain why it is not displaying.

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 10:07 PM - Response #12

Yes I have the latest version of FLASH installed and yes I see the dialogue box in the lower right hand corner. What everyone is missing is the point of the fact the IM option WAS DISPLAYED in the MEMBER FEATURES navigation box but is no longer displayed!

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 2:27 AM - Response #13

Richard,

Some thoughts which may or may not be useful.

Our site has the Premium Plan versus the Platinum Plan. I see under the Class Creator plans that Instant Messaging and Live Chat are currently available for Platinum Plans only. Even though we have the premium plan, somehow we still have the option, under Preferences, to activate Instant Messaging but not Live Chat. Perhaps we were grandfathered in for Instant Messaging.

CC defines Instant Messaging as: Chat one-on-one privately with other members while you browse around the site. It's a great way to say hello to your Classmates instantly any time.

CC defines Live Chat as: Live Chat with other Classmates including webcam, YouTube video, and Photo sharing capabilities. Also start private group chats using the Live Chat system.

Under Admin Functions > Preferences, I see an option to check and thus activate Instant Messaging, whose function is to "Allow Classmates to send Instant Messages to each other through the web site."

Do you have this box checked?

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 8:36 AM - Response #14

Under Admin Functions there is no PREFERENCES option listed

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM - Response #15

Richard,

Under Admin Functions, here is what things look like on our class site. You'll see Preferences as the fifth link down from the top. I would think your site is set up similarly. I don't know what else to say if you don't see it, other than to contact Class Creator.

ADMIN FUNCTIONS
Edit Site Pages
Manage Classmates
Email The Class
Change Design
Preferences
Profile Generator
Reunion Planner
Gallery Creator
Survey Maker
Statistics
Playlist Generator
Help & Tips
Register Domain
Refer A Friend
Subscription

Edited 05/17/14 11:07 AM
Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM - Response #16

Richard Lerdahl wrote:

Under Admin Functions there is no PREFERENCES option listed

Since it appears you are not the root admin is it possible that Lori didn't give you access to "Preferences?"

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM - Response #17

FC,

This is an excellent point. I'm also not the root admin and had to request our root admin to give me access to Preferences. This should clear up the matter for Richard if he does likewise.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 6:31 AM - Response #18

It is entirely possible - I keep getting info on things I have no insight on that Lori wants done on the website ........ cannot catch a greased pig with one hand tied behind your back as they say.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM - Response #19

We are having the same problem...No IMs....is it because we do not have the Platinum subscription? Our Preferences link does not have anything in it about IMs or Chat.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM - Response #20

Barbara,

Check with your root admin to see if they are not allowing you access as it seems to be in my case.

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM - Response #21

IM and Chat are Platinum options and are not available in Premium subscriptions.

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM - Response #22

Hi Richard,

Your site does have IM and it is turned on. You should see it when you login if Flash is enabled. Are you testing this on a desktop machine or a tablet?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.