ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Cannot bold some lines of type

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/21/10 03:50 PM Views: 1397 Replies: 5
Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Not certain why, but I have tried to bold these three lines of type on our homepage, but nothing happens:

Do you remember Bill Kurtis and Walter Jacobson
on the 10 O’clock News in the 70s & 80s?
They're back together again on the 6 O’clock News!

Is there a code there that is stopping this from happening? Thank you.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 10:24 AM - Response #1

I'm not sure why that happened, but I was able to go in and click the Source button to see the code. I found those lines of copy and changed where the code said TO

I don't know why it wouldn't work via the button though. However, it's now bold for you. Smile

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 10:43 AM - Response #2

Thank you, Scott. Would it make any difference which browser I used? I switch back and forth between IE and Firefox.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 3:53 PM - Response #3

The browser does not matter for using the editor. Browsers do matter sometimes when it come to viewing certain formatting. This is not one of those typical cases. Did you happen to do any preformatting in MS Word? That is a typical way to break a page. You have to be very careful if you do use MS Word for formatting and be sure to use the Paste from Word option in the editor.

I suspect that in this case, you did not do that, but rather you have been editing this page for a long time now and that over time the page has accumulated some code that is unnecessary.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM - Response #4

I am sure you are right. I have been editing this page for a long time and sometimes I paste from Word and other times just plain old paste. So, in the future, for this section of the homepage, should I paste only from word even though I may have taken the text from a site on the Internet and not put it into a word document?

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 6:01 PM - Response #5

You can paste in text from anywhere you'd like. If you're pasting text from Word though, it's imperative you use the "Paste from Word" icon instead of the regular Paste icon. The Paste from Word icon will strip out Word source code and only paste in the text. If you allow Word source code to get into the document it can make editing that portion of the page difficult.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.