ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Safari vs Firefox...

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/10/12 09:27 AM Views: 1106 Replies: 3
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I was wondering if someone can offer browser advise. I've been working on my
site mainly in the Safari browser. Everything looks very clean and organized. When I view the site in Firefox, if looks like hell. The announcement width (larger than 420px?) is blown out & forced to the bottom of the page and all the text is slightly larger and looks very bad in a table & in navigation. Can I correct this? Help!

Thanks.

-Michael

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM - Response #1

Looks fine in FF on the evil sideCool

Don't know what version of FF you are running on the Mac, however, the default font size may have been accidentally modified which can cause your symptom.

Go to Tools, Options and make sure minimum font size is set to either None or under 12 (I think).

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM - Response #2

I took a quick peak at your code. I too am viewing the page from FF on a Windows 7 machine and it looks good. I did look at the source for a minute and added a few br tags here and there... specifically at the a name codes that were directly following images. If you are no longer seeing the same issues that you were seeing, then I guess there was some "ghost space" occupied by the a name tags that was only being rendered by FF on the Mac. Browsers are tricky that way at times. Smile

I did not see any other code issues that would be causing issues during my quick review. Let us know if that fixed it.

Thanks
Scott

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM - Response #3

Thanks Scott,

I went into the prefs for FF and changed some of the settings in the font area. I had them set way to high and that was throwing everything out of whack.

Thanks again for the help.

Best,

Mike

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.