ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased Classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/07/09 01:13 PM Views: 1401 Replies: 3
Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hello all! I am having trouble finding how to make a classmate active in order to add the to the In Memory of page. I think it's one of those brain farts that are ever so common at my age.

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM - Response #1

Nicole Gardner wrote:

Hello all! I am having trouble finding how to make a classmate active in order to add the to the In Memory of page. I think it's one of those brain farts that are ever so common at my age.

All you do is Edit Site Pages, then edit the In Memory Page. Then select the classmate who has passed away. They automatically get their profile flagged as "**" meaning deceased. If you add comments to that page, they will also get the ROSE icon.

Friday, March 26, 2010 at 3:03 PM - Response #2

Is there a way to do this via the csv database, rather than individually?

Thanks,
Bob

Friday, March 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM - Response #3

You can do this using the upload process only.

If you have a list of all of the deceased classmates here is what you need to do to batch upload them. I assume they have already been loaded into the system from your first upload.

1. Click on Manage Classmates
2. Choose Upload Classlist
3. Get the template for uploading - or use the list you used before to upload the classmates that has them in the format necessary for upload into our system - make a copy that has only the decesed individuals names - no space - just add the * onto the last name --- lastname*
4. Add a * next to the last name of the deceased individuals.
5. Choose the Reset button (it will ask you who you wish to reset) select only the names of the individuals you wish to reset).
6. Upload the list.

Since you are just getting started you could use your full list and reset everyone except for just those individuals who have created a profile. Either way you will need to add a * (shift key and the number 8 on your keyboard) next to the last name of the individuals - no space inbetween - just lastname*

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.