ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist for In Memory page stopped playing?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/25/10 09:51 AM Views: 1291 Replies: 4
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I just noticed that my playlist for In Memory page has stopped playing. I'm not sure what might have occurred, as it was working fine a week or so ago. The only thing that I have done is place some text about my deceased classmates, however, one of the classmates only had available a funeral "program" type information. On that, I couldn't get the text to paste correctly, so I just pasted a jpg. Could that be what is happening? The jpg image is for year 2008, Sam Wilhelm, if you wanted to check it out.

Thanks for any help, I put a lot of work into properly preparing my In Memory section......still some yet to do.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 10:02 AM - Response #1

Whoa! Just looking closely to Sam for In Memory, somehow a bunch of Microsoft Word stuff got into there.

Should I just delete entirely and start over for this particular classmate?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM - Response #2

Derrell,

A couple things...

First - I had to tweak a few things in the embed code for your playlist. Just a FYI... all widths and heights need to be set at 1 and 1 if you want the player to play and not be visible in Firefox due to their recent updates.

As for the Microsoft Word code... always be sure that you click the Paste from Word button in the content editor. This will strip out the MS Word extras. I went into the code and removed the unnecessary code for you.

Thanks
Scott

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM - Response #3

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Derrell,

A couple things...

First - I had to tweak a few things in the embed code for your playlist. Just a FYI... all widths and heights need to be set at 1 and 1 if you want the player to play and not be visible in Firefox due to their recent updates.

As for the Microsoft Word code... always be sure that you click the Paste from Word button in the content editor. This will strip out the MS Word extras. I went into the code and removed the unnecessary code for you.

Thanks
Scott

Thank you Scott! So would it have played in Internet Explorer. I recently became interested in Firefox, and really like it so much that I use it exclusively.

I gather that no longer set images to zero, set them to 1?

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 1:57 PM - Response #4

Yes - it would have played in IE. Yes, going forward set size specifications to 1 if you do not wish to see the player.

Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.