ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ghost photo

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/24/08 10:17 AM Views: 1257 Replies: 3
Monday, November 24, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Brad, think I need your help on this one.

I have a classmate for whom I uploaded the wrong senior picture. I deleted it from the person's profile, but when I try to upload the correct one, it always puts the photo that was there first up again. I have tried moving the correct photo into a different file, renaming it, logging out of and back into the site...everything I can think of to start fresh to get the correct photo up. When I click browse and upload the correct photo, I checked the pathway listed and it in fact listed the correct photo. I can't get rid of the old one! The classmate in question is Carlene Harre. Right now there is no photo on her profile.

A second issue I've been having is that I keep getting emails saying there is a message for me on the site. I go to the site and there's no message. This has happened twice in the last two days.

??
Thanks,
Sue

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 10:30 AM - Response #1

Brad, I am having the same problem with three other classmates, Karen Barton, Jim Buzalas and Jeff Dekro. I deleted their pics completely, even deleted the files from my computer, redid their photos and tried to upload and still getting "the originals" on their profiles.

HELP!!
Sue

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 10:37 AM - Response #2

Figured it out. I was working thru aol browser and I changed to internet explorer and everything worked like it should.

Sorry!

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM - Response #3

Your AOL browser was probably caching the old page. Try clearing your cache if you see that happen again.

Re: the email notifications, it was probably for a message you've previously read. For a variety of reasons email can be delivered late, and I suspect you simply got a notfication for something previously read. You can always click "reply" in your own email reader though, respond back to the person who sent you the email, and make sure you didn't miss anything.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.