ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Profiles Icons

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/12/17 01:21 AM Views: 2121 Replies: 18
Friday, May 12, 2017 at 1:21 AM

A question for all...

Have you used the stock Classmate Profiles Icons?
If so, which icons are you using and what do they represent or what is the profile generated question?

Have you made your own Classmate Profiles Icons?
If so, what did you make and what does it represent or what is the profile generated question?

If you are using or made your own Classmate Profiles Icons, please post a link to your site so we may see them on your class list. (NOTE: To view your class list, it cannot be locked to the public.)

Looking forward to replies!

Edited 05/12/17 1:23 AM
Friday, May 12, 2017 at 1:32 AM - Response #1

ADDING:
The Classmate Profile Icons are found by going to:
Edit Pages > Manage Classmates > Custom Icons.

Should you wish to learn more, view the video found on the Custom Icons page or click HERE.

Friday, May 12, 2017 at 8:28 AM - Response #2

Good Morning.

We have used most of the provided icons and have made some additional,

You can view our "Classmate Profiles" HERE..

We are asking if the Classmate is "Planning" to attend our 50th reunion with "Radio Buttons" for YES, MAYBE or NO. We then indicate them with a Red Graduation Hat Icon, a hat with a question mark or a hat with a black X. We will later have a team that will phone those with Maybe and No to try harder to get them to attend.

We ask if they are on Facebook and have a little Facebook icon.

We have started to locate Classmates that have left our schools prior to graduation (like people who have moved elsewhere). We add them as "Guest Members" and invite them to rejoin our class. We indicate them ourselves when we enter them as guests with an "OD/AD" icon (Once a Dodger / Always a Dodger). Since a profile question is required, we ask "Did you leave Fort Dodge schools before graduating with us?". When one of these classmates actually accepts our invitation to complete their profile, we will move them up to regular Classmate status instead of being a guest.

Friday, May 12, 2017 at 9:32 PM - Response #3

Sam, I do not see your special icons on the link you provided. Hm.

Friday, May 12, 2017 at 9:47 PM - Response #4

That link is to the Classmate Profile page. They are right at the top above Classmate Names.

Friday, May 12, 2017 at 10:42 PM - Response #5

Looks like the custom icons only show up if you're logged in. If that's an option somewhere, I didn't find it.

Friday, May 12, 2017 at 11:05 PM - Response #6
Icons.jpg

I'm trying to attach screen shot. The Classmate Profile page isn't locked so I don't understand why you can't see it.

Friday, May 12, 2017 at 11:07 PM - Response #7
Icons.jpg

Here is a Screen Shot

Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:20 AM - Response #8
Icons.jpg

I have to apologize. I now see that "Homemade Icons" aren't visible to anyone not signed in. I don't see anywhere that it can be allowed either, so I have attached a "screenshot" of the page. Sorry! Just click on Icons.jpg

Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:29 PM - Response #9

Thanks, Sam. I should have looked for that info.

EDIT ADD: Thanks, John Ralph, for noting you did not find that info! I had so many windows open and different projects in the works, I was telling myself not to keep doing that! Cool

Edited 05/13/17 12:31 PM
Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 2:05 AM - Response #10

Gwen,

Here are some of the icons I'm using.

The questions are:
Have you ever witnessed an honest to goodness miracle or seen an angel?

To save a story for younger generations about what life was like when you were young, what story would you tell?

What has changed? What was it like to go to a movie, do laundry, watch TV (Grandma, what's a test pattern?) shop in a mom & pop grocery store, go out to eat, amusement parks, Zestos, Sunset Lake, the After Five Club, the Log Cabin Restaurant, buy a soda, get gas, sit in the balcony at a movie, go someplace that no longer exists?

If you've answered either of these last two questions. Please consider copying them to "Forum/Blog" where they are saved and easier to find.

What are your Hobbies?

Just ran across with site Icon Finder some are free, some are paid.

Edited 05/27/17 3:42 AM
Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:56 PM - Response #11

Is it my computer or is the ability to add custom icons gone?

I've had computer problems since lightning took out our router last Wednesday.

Monday, August 14, 2017 at 5:06 PM - Response #12

Still there, and appears to be working normally although I did not follow through completely to create a new icon.

Monday, March 4, 2019 at 8:08 PM - Response #13

Along those lines. I was asked these two questions by my c-administrator. I couldn't figure it out either.

1. What does the red icon under the APP on our classmates page mean? There is no legend/index to tell you anywhere I can find at least, there's another one that's brownish in the same column, don't know what it means either.

2. We had a new member log in. I got an e-mail giving me a heads-up and stating this, my co-administrator however did not receive anything. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

-Chris Hestom

Monday, March 4, 2019 at 9:39 PM - Response #14

Can you briefly unlock your Classmates page so we can see to what you're referring? To do this, under Edit Site Pages, for the Classmates page, click on Edit Link, then uncheck "Restrict to Classmates only" and click SAVE. Or, please post a temporary password so we can see the page.

Edited 03/04/19 9:41 PM
Monday, March 4, 2019 at 11:01 PM - Response #15

Chris Heston wrote:

Along those lines. I was asked these two questions by my c-administrator. I couldn't figure it out either.

2. We had a new member log in. I got an e-mail giving me a heads-up and stating this, my co-administrator however did not receive anything. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

-Chris Hestom

I don't have a red icon under the APP, so I'll pass on question #1

Question #2 is a combination of a choice and and a bug. The 'choice' is in the co-admin's details page. If you go to Manage Classmates and then to the co-admin's detail page, you'll see that you did not allow some of the Email Notifications options.
The bug shows up when you have not allowed some of the admin Email Notifications options. That overrides the user's own Notify Me options, and they won't get a notify email from that either - like any other member would.

Monday, March 4, 2019 at 11:02 PM - Response #16

It's not unique to our site.

I tried to take a picture, it won't let me post for some reason.

Here is what I am talking about.

From ADMIN FUNCTIONS -->> I click "Manage Classmates" then on the top there is a box labelled ENTER/EDIT CLASSMATES. I click the button that says 'Enter/Edit Classmates.'

The page that comes up as a result of that action. It has a bold header, third item from the right is labelled "App." It is in this column that there's a red icon on some though apparently not all of our registered classmates. There's also another blue/brown/white icon I see in a few people's "App" column as well.

Can I e-mail a picture to you, I don't think this is unique to our site.

Monday, March 4, 2019 at 11:38 PM - Response #17

As I said, I don't have that. I probably should have said I don't have an "APP" column. I suspect it's because I do not have the Class Connection to Facebook turned on for my site.
But looking at a site which does have FB connection turned on, I see a red Class Creator Icon for everyone who has joined - along with an additional icon for those who joined the Facebook connection application.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 12:10 AM - Response #18

Maybe that's it. OK, thanks very much.

I have the other issue fixed, a matter of knowing the path of getting to the right box to check off. Thanks again,

-Chris Heston

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.