ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Not Logging into My Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/30/18 11:28 AM Views: 1219 Replies: 6
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM

Hi CC,
I was logging in fine from my laptop with www.nunnallyfamily1919.com/login. That laptop no longer works and I'm attempting to login with that address from other devices with no success. I get an Error 404 - Page not Found. The site comes up fine without /login. I just can't login.

Thanks for your assistance.
Terry www.nunnallyfamily1919.com

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 11:36 AM - Response #1

I am able to get to nunnallyfamily1919.com just fine. If you are getting a 404 error.. that is a page not found. Either you are mistyping the URL or your internet connection has cached a page that does not exist any longer ... you might try to clear your cache and history.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 12:39 PM - Response #2

Yes, I can get there just fine also but do you get a logon box to key in your login. I had it setup where there was not a logon area and I arrived at the site without having to logon by adding /login to the address line ...

Thanks for your Help. :> Terry

Edited 01/30/18 12:42 PM
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 1:13 PM - Response #3

Confirmed. For whatever reason, the /login is now a 404.

Clicking on the View Site tab in the forums went directly to the home page as expected. But when I changed the URL in my browser to /login I got the 404. Interestingly, when I closed that tab and clicked on View Site again, it went to the login page. Not sure if that was something my browser 'remembered', or the results of a left over cookie.

In any case, it now seems to want /member_login.cfm to get directly to the login page.

Edited 01/30/18 1:33 PM
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 1:43 PM - Response #4

I think the Home page is set as restricted. Hence the login

Could be accidental clicking wrong option on link?

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 2:18 PM - Response #5

It appears that you have turned off your log in from your Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for Homepage. We provide a link there for you to bookmark... http://www.nunnallyfamily1919.com/login.cfm If you wish to keep the log in hidden, you will need to bookmark this link so that in the future, you can log in.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 2:18 PM - Response #6

Hi John, Thank you so much - That works!

Hi Jack, No, I don’t have the Home Page on restricted... I don’t remember how I did it right now ... darn laptop died on me. I had it setup where the login didn’t show during this period of time until I have it Ready for viewing, etc, etc, etc... And I was incorrect when I said above I did the /login so I wouldn’t have to logon ... oops!

Again... Thanks so much! :>

Gotch Scott! Thank you very much also and ah-ha to how I did it - thanks! :>

Edited 01/30/18 2:20 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.