ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

no notification of new page email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/12/21 10:01 AM Views: 230 Replies: 3
Friday, November 12, 2021 at 10:01 AM

I activated a survey yesterday - as of this morning, STILL no notification sent out to classmates of
"Pages on the site have been added or updated"

And MY 'Notify Me' setting for new pages is 'Immediately'

Logjam in the queue perhaps?

Friday, November 12, 2021 at 3:08 PM - Response #1

Did you check the box to Notify users? You have your site set to be unchecked unless you check it to go out. I don't see it in the queue or on your What's New page which would have also updated if it had been checked.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, November 12, 2021 at 4:01 PM - Response #2

I was under the impression that, when the box was not checked, the classmate, when 'Pages on the site have been added or updated' was selected, they would still get notified.
Having the admin 'check' the box seems a bit of additional task perhaps?

Trying to think of a situation why an admin would add a page, and not want to notify members? {you can always Preview In New Window Or Tab}
(MODIFYING a page, I can understand)

I guess as I age, I am forgetting much?

Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:21 PM - Response #3

You can have that box auto-checked if you select that option under Preferences. If you have it unchecked it does not send a notice unless you check it.

Here is the option under Preferences:

CLASSMATE NOTIFICATIONS

Classmates sign up to be notified when various pages of your site have been updated. You may not want these automatic notices to go out if you are making a small edit (e.g. fixing a typo). A checkbox is present under the editor window indicating how many people have subscribed to receive updates for the page you are editing. You can check or uncheck this box to send or not send these automatic notifications. The default status for this checkbox is settable below:

Prechecked: Automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually unchecked before saving
   Unchecked: Do not automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually checked before saving

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.