ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Maiden Name not showing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/22/09 11:12 AM Views: 1217 Replies: 8
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM

On our Reunion Planner, we have a lady who entered her name correctly (both married and maiden); however, only her married name is showing on the list. Since we are building our list based on maiden names, this is going to be confusing at the time of registration. Can you tell me if we are doing something wrong? It's Verna (Boyd) Gordon. She's not showing up as "Boyd"...which is her maiden name. Thanks.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 12:36 PM - Response #1

Does she have the ( ) around her name? I found that problem with classmates who have " " around their nicknames. They aren't showing up correctly. Only their first name shows up on the forum. Unlike everyone else who isn't going by a nickname in " " Or look for anything that shouldn't be near her name even a space might throw it off.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 1:29 PM - Response #2

No, her name is entered correctly, and I checked it against everyone else's who are appearing under their maiden names. I even went in and deleted it and re-entered it, but it still doesn't accept her maiden name for some reason. Very strange.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM - Response #3

Interesting. The reason this happened is because she actually did leave her Maiden name field blank on the initial registration form. I know because I logged in as her and it's still blank now. Nonethless, if you go in and edit a Registration and change a last or maiden name, that change should be reflected on the master Attendees list. That's not happening. I can't believe it's taken this long for this issue to surface, as it's actually never changed. I guess people must change a name after registration very rarely. In any caes, we'll have to tweak this so name changes show back on the master Attendees list. By the way please ignore any email you get showing another registration for this Classmate. I submitted another one when I was in there testing (I didn't order any items so it shouldn't affect your count at all).

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 9:09 PM - Response #4

Brad what about the nicknames and the full name showing up on the forum? Any news on correcting that yet?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:04 PM - Response #5

It's on "the list" marked high priority, should be getting to this in a moment.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 1:14 AM - Response #6

More interestingly to you may be that she didn't complete an online registration form. She printed it out and filled it in manually and mailed it in with her check. I went in and completed it online so I could reflect her payment received. So, perhaps it was because she didn't enter it while she was logged on that messed up the system?

At any rate, thank you for resolving the mystery. However, now she has two entries, one with no payment received and one with payment received under her married name only. The entry with her maiden name doesn't give me the option to enter any purchases, otherwise I could delete her married name only entry.

Such trivial issues to you, I'm sure, and I'll redact her name from the final list so as not to confuse our underclass volunteers at registration!

Thanks for your time! Your work here is so much appreciated and this website receives high praise from our class members!

Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 1:38 AM - Response #7

Ah I see. Yea...Reunion Planner I (which is what you have) required orders to originate from the Classmate. Reunion Planner II (which is what you would get if you started a brand new reunion now) allows Admins to enter orders on behalf of Classmates. That won't help you in this case, but more of any FYI for other readers here.

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 6:59 PM - Response #8

Well, this poses a problem as I have received another registation form for an alumni who I need to enter manually. So, if I enter her maiden name is she only going to show up as her married name? Hmmm, I'm thinking we'll just not rely on the Reunion Summary list. No worries.

FYI: The main reason I have offered to enter these manually is to help expedite the process of getting payments in. Which, by the way, has worked. We have created an early registration deadline incentive of April 30th and the money is rolling in. Every 30 days the price goes up $10 and it's amazing how many payments we have received this week!

Hope this topic has helped others. Have a great weekend!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.