ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Warning Message

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/23/20 09:36 AM Views: 327 Replies: 2
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 9:36 AM

I'm not sure about the rest of the administrator but I do don't know the number of times I have lost sometimes an hours worth of work because I left a page without clicking the save button.

That just now happened. To finish some major work on the home page I went to get a link from another page and when I returned all my work was gone.

It seems like long ago we should have taken a page from Microsoft and added "Are you sure you want to leave?" message (or something similar).

This would help greatly for those of us who don't edit the site daily and have developed a habit of saving.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 9:53 AM - Response #1

This usually happens when I have several tabs open, and I accidentally close the tab on the page I'm editing. To help prevent this, I always try to have the page I'm editing as the left-most tab.

Your suggestion has merit and is part of Microsoft Word. If you close a Microsoft Word page before you save the changes, you get a prompt "Do you want to save the changes to Document xxx?"

Monday, June 29, 2020 at 2:10 AM - Response #2

If anyone is interested in testing a little script I made that does this - ask if you want to leave the editor - here's one way.

The message is a standard message put out by the browsers and I can't change that. I think I figured out how to see if you made any changes. The only one is Save & Leave, which is triggering exit before saving, so it doesn't look like it saved (as far as I can tell).

Tested on Edge (latest), Chrome and Firefox. Should be OK in Opera.

So the worst case is you get an extra message leaving the Editor Cool

Put this after any Analytics code you may have.

Preferences
ADVANCED SITE TRACKING WITH GOOGLE ANALYTICS

Edited 06/29/20 3:05 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.