ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

IM

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/06/13 06:08 PM Views: 1376 Replies: 18
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM

When I click Turn on IM nothing happens....what is suppose to happen?

JIM

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM - Response #1

In the IM, if other members of your site are logged in at the same time and have the IM active, you can Instant Message them and message back and forth.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM - Response #2

That answers a question I've had because I've sent IM's to classmates on the website and they never get it....so, why doesn't it automatically activate an IM to the member your are trying to send a message?
I thought it was set up that all they had to be was on the web site itself. I guess we need to post a directive for use of the IM on our website, huh?

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM - Response #3

IM is different than the Message center in which you would be sending a message that is delivered. The IM is a realtime conversation.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM - Response #4

Sure, I understand that...but, you said "you can Instant Message if they are logged in at the same time AND if they have their IM active. I really didn't frame my question properly...I thought as long as they were on the site at the same time (as me), when I type an IM...they would automatically receive it. What I hear you saying is not only do they have to be on the site at the same time....they also must have the IM activated or they won't receive my IM. Is that correct?

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM - Response #5

Yes. They do have the option of turning off their IM by clicking the X on the IM window. However this should also remove them from the list of those who are available to chat on the IM window, while at the same time, leave them remaining in the who's online now box.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM - Response #6

Thanks Scott, I will make that point for use of the IM Window for our members. We really appreciate all that CC does for us!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM - Response #7

You're welcome! Smile

Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM - Response #8

So If I have my IM on what should show on my home page if they have theirs on?

If I have my IM what should show on my homepage if they do NOT have theirs on?

It seems that nothing happens on my page either way at this time.

J

Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM - Response #9

On the IM itself, it will show the number of members who are also logged in with the IM on and available for a chat.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM - Response #10

Does it matter if MY IM is on or off?

J

Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM - Response #11

If you turn yours off, then they will not see that you are available for IM. You can click the X in the IM box to turn it off. A link will appear in the Member Functions that will allow for you to turn it back on.

Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM - Response #12

My home page says "Turn on IM" if I click that nothing happens whether some one else is on line or not. I get no list of who is on line and am am not able to IM anyone.

Please help!

Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM - Response #13

You would only see the "Turn on IM" under your Member Functions if you had previously closed (X) the IM window. That has nothing to do with the who's online or who might be available to IM. If there are others online and available to IM, there will be a number presented on the IM window itself.

Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM - Response #14

I DO NOT have and IM widow so I do not see any number.

How do I correct this.

Friday, April 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM - Response #15

How strange. I will have to see if anyone else here is having this same issue.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM - Response #16

Have we made any progress toward getting me IM capability?

I still have no IM window nor do I see a number or any names. If I click the "Turn On IM" link absolutely nothing happens.

JIM

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM - Response #17

I have not heard back. We will reply as soon as we can.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM - Response #18

Curious: If you log into your web site with any other browser is IM displaying? Do you have the latest Adobe Flash installed?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.