ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

YouTube and WMG

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/30/09 06:56 PM Views: 1220 Replies: 2
Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM

The video I created for our recent reunion contains parts of several 50s songs. I uploaded it to YouTube so I could link to our website. Well, the audio has been blocked because of YouTube's recent agreement with Warner Music Group (WMG). For the life of me I can't figure which song caused them to remove the audio because the songs are all old. Also, I looked at the list of WMG artists and none were there.

Anyway, does anyone have an alternative site where I can upload the video which is about 5 minutes in length and 18 mg.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM - Response #1

You could upload it to File Vault and provide a link to it for your Classmates. You can also pretty easily embed it on your site with some embed code. If you want to do that let me know.

Just an FYI, if something you're doing on another site is violating somebody's copyright, then I'd have to assume you're violating the copyright by posting it here as well. So I'd try to find out if possible just what it was exactly that lead to the removal of the audio.

We provide site building tools, but every site owner is responsible for the content placed on his or her own site. Thus I would say be careful when posting material that may be copyrighted or when plugging in third party objects that may be using copyrighted material. Obviously should we be asked by any copyright holders to remove copyrighted material from our system, we would need to oblige.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM - Response #2

Thanks for your response. I believe I have the problem with You Tube solved. I felt certain that none of the songs I used were in violation of their copyright rules. I created a short video with each song individually and each passed their screening. It was only when all 9 songs were strung together (much like a medley) that it did not pass the test. So . . . I disputed the results and the audio has been turned back on. For now everything seems to be OK.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.