ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Military Service: Drop-down choices

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/12/09 07:59 PM Views: 1756 Replies: 10
Monday, January 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Hello,

I received this comment from a classmate, and wonder if we can accommodate his wish?

"Can you please fix the profile section to add US Coast Guard to the military service option? It's a small thing, however we ARE the longest serving branch (1789) and we serve with pride!"

Thanks!

Sally

ps -- I just realized that Bud Coburn asked the same thing! Sorry 'bout that. Still hoping for a positive answer! Smile

Edited 01/12/09 10:38 PM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM - Response #1

I also have a member that served Coast Guard and another in Air National Guard.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM - Response #2

Coast Guard and National Guard have been added.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 6:37 PM - Response #3

Awesome, thank you so much!
Sally

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM - Response #4

Brad,

Will this military service question be the one that adds a flag next to the classmate's name on the classmate profile page?

Thanks!

Vicki

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM - Response #5

Hi Vicki,

Yes the flag icon is added next to their name and if there is at least one person who has that icon the icon will appear in the list of icons at the top of your classmate profiles page.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 5:16 AM - Response #6

Historically, there are a number of Conscienscious Objectors who served their country in Alternative Service. Some chose non-combat positions in the military services while others did such things as being a human "guinnea pig" at NIH, thus fulfilling their military obligations to the draft and avoiding prosecution. Can you add Alternative Service to your list, or something like "Other" that accounts for it?

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 1:07 PM - Response #7

You could add "Other, non-military service" as a comment box in your Profile Generator.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 5:34 PM - Response #8

Jessica,

I don't see the flag. I see a white box where it should be, and there is just a white box at the top of the screen where the other icons are listed.

Thanks,

Vicki

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM - Response #9

This is all set now. We were making a few tweaks.

Friday, January 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM - Response #10

Thank you for adding the other branches. I was getting a little buzz for not having them there!!! Had to explain I wasn't responsible. LOL

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.